Torque Monster tunes for a CR

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Seen too many variables in tuning

so my question is, what are the best TQ monster tunes for a CR? Its made to look easy building a 5-600 horse CR this day in age, but how about one with 5-600 horses and 14-1500 ft lbs of tq?

what tunes, programs, or combinations have proven to give more TQ over HP?

some examples off the top of my head

07 5.9 with 650/15XX or similar
SuperiorRam as well 7XX/1865

well over what the usual 2 to 1 ratio is..

basis for question is i wouldnt mind 5-600 horses soon as i actually decide what to do to my CR, only mods are smarty and five inch exhaust (possibly injectors are to come really soon) but id love MONSTER tq numbers anything over 1300 ft lbs if it can be done

can this be done? or are these trucks just freaks, or severe dyno manipulation?

thanks!

Torque numbers will depend on the dyno you run. John's dyno will make power down low better then an inertia dyno jet. lower the rpm the more torque you'll make.

It's all about the rev-gain program.

Well I don't see massive manipulation on the dyno, all of my sheets have always shown greater than 2:1 on three diffrent dynos and five diffrent operators.
I don't know what to say besides I know the truck was choking on top I need more air movement and that will be the next step to bring the ratio back to normal (really?) area.

Torque numbers will depend on the dyno you run. John's dyno will make power down low better then an inertia dyno jet. lower the rpm the more torque you'll make.

It's all about the rev-gain program.

im confused,

all i get out of this is lower the RPMS and you will make more tq? so you look for a programmer that will "lower" Rpms?

how so is that?

also, correct me if i am wrong... if the truck is choking on the top end, it must have some super quick spooling setup, then runs out of rpms, correct?

so im guessing, big injectors, big fuel, little turbo = lower hp and higher tq?

i tow alot, and load the bed on occasion with 2500 lbs plus... hence why i want a tq tune over a hp monster...

yep, lots of fuel little turbo to light it sooner will break some parts for sure.

Turn off torque management.

However, your going about it wrong. If you want 500hp/1500tq. Get a 11liter or bigger motor in your truck. These are designed to run 1600-3200. turbo, ecu, cam, other crap all play into that.

The lower in the rpm band you can get the charger lit and get it lit as hard as possible before you begin the dyno run, the higher the tq numbers.

I try to get my charger seeing 25-30 psi at 16-1700rpms then I begin the run.

It has taken me many many runs to perfect my technique, but I dyno all vehicles on any dyno I run on the same.

yep, lots of fuel little turbo to light it sooner will break some parts for sure.

Turn off torque management.

However, your going about it wrong. If you want 500hp/1500tq. Get a 11liter or bigger motor in your truck. These are designed to run 1600-3200. turbo, ecu, cam, other crap all play into that.

i get it

no replacement for displacement, in this particular case..

Im agreein that 500/1500 is downright unfeasable in a 5.9 liter motor...

and in seein what 07 5.9 is doin, lightin the charger quicker will build more TQ it only makes more sence now..

Seein as in the more distant future i want a stocker/S400 setup
120-150 horse sticks
Airdog 150 or similar pusher pump
Dragonslayer or some other After market CP3
Built Trans (garmons is lookin to be the best right now)
I have a Smarty (just go TNTR or similar)
Have five inch magnaflow exhaust
and either an MP3 or the DR P race module (if needed)
hamilton springs and possibly a cam
gasket

im seein a realistic 600 rwhp with this setup quick spoolin, and able to turn down to tow, just was wanting to hit 1300 or so rwtq with 600-650 rwhp

like i said, truck tows, and alot, and im not lookin to kill reliability 100 percent, hence the more realistic goal i have in mind...

i barely even drive over 2000 rpms if empty, so im guessin this would be it for my ride

but i see it takes some technique

My goals have not changed from this post, but my fears for a meltdown, some debt, and more doubt keep me from modifyin my truck more.. but on the flipside, helps me learn more

Last edited:
Your trans (auto or manual) will thank you for using the proper gear always. there's no reason what so ever to be in OD at 1600rpm up a hill with 10000# behind you at 60mph.

Put down the burger and softdrink and downshift ya lazy bum. :poke: :)

Your trans (auto or manual) will thank you for using the proper gear always. there's no reason what so ever to be in OD at 1600rpm up a hill with 10000# behind you at 60mph.

Put down the burger and softdrink and downshift ya lazy bum. :poke: :)

I thought he was asking how to get huge tq numbers from a CR??

I must have missed the question about how to tow 10,000 lbs...

For the record...with the properly equipped setup...towing 10,000lbs up hill at 60mph in O/D should not be a issue.

In fact with the proper setup it should be fairly easy to do.

I had that boat that was 7000 or so. the noises from my trans at 60 up a small Illinois hill at 30psi were not nice noises.. going to 5th seems nicer on things :) I just don't see making 60psi up a hill in the mountains in 6th at 60 being a good thing IMHO.

I'm a once a year if that tower. I know little, :)

True...must be different for us auto guys.

Considering how easily I stripped 6th, even with the cryo work I'd rather build 600hp with only 7000# not 15,000# :) with an auto wouldn't it just unlock the converter and stay in OD?

Considering how easily I stripped 6th, even with the cryo work I'd rather build 600hp with only 7000# not 15,000# :) with an auto wouldn't it just unlock the converter and stay in OD?

By then it would kick down into second unlocking the torque converter... Sending temps through the roof...

Tranny temps

Yeah, when the converter is unlocked...fluid temps begin to rise dramatically. Especially when towing 10k...

Most people read trans temps in the pan...which is good for a overall condition check of the fluid, but converter output temps when unlocked can be as much as 50-75* hotter than pan temps..

So when your towing and your seeing 190-200* in the pan, your unlocked converter temps are probably closer to 250-275* and rising.

Don't y'all go breaking stuff with all that torque.

Hmm. I guess I'll figure this out one day :) but I'll still be shifting, just with 2 less gears.

but id love MONSTER tq numbers anything over 1300 ft lbs if it can be done

just was wanting to hit 1300 or so rwtq with 600-650 rwhp

ask Jason He had 623.9/1333 at the last dyno run
I don't see a need for a cam when ya can just bolt on single and a few small things, like springs, & injectors, strap a program on and go, this isn't rocket science

It all starts with that damn five inch exhaust ;) and a smarty though, well the way I look back at it

Back