torque specs

01CumminsSport

CapeCodDieselPerformance
I need some help, i just started rebuilding a motor and someone walked off with my sheet of torque specs, I need main bolt, rod bolt, trans plate to block, and what ever other specs you dont mind sharing, i need to make up a new spec sheet,
Thanks everyone

As per CumminsQuickserv

Rod Bolts - Use a marked socket and torque wrench to tighten the connecting rod cap screws. Using the torque plus angle method, tighten the cap screws in alternating sequence.
Step 2 - 22ft. lbs.
Step 3 - 44ft. lbs.
Step 4 - rotate 60 degrees clockwise

Main Caps - Tighten capscrews evenly and in sequence. Perform each step to all cap screws before performing next step.
Step 1 - 44 ft. lbs.
Step 2 - 66 ft. lbs.
Step 3 - Rotate all cap screws 90 degrees

Trans. Adapter Plate - 57ft. lbs.

Tappet Cover - 18ft. lbs.

Engine Mounts - 57ft. lbs.

If it has J-Jet oilers they are 133 in. lbs.

Oil Pump
Initial torque - 70in. lbs.
Final torque - 212 in. lbs.

Front Gear Case - 18ft. lbs.

Front Cover - 18ft. lbs.

Harmonic Balancer - 135ft. lbs.

up the gear housing, and front cover bolt torque to 24 ft. lbs., and make sure to use at least blue loctite on the gear housing bolts, if you have access to it, i use a gasket tack on both sides of the gear housing gasket, we have something at the shop called gasgacinch, it also helps keep the gasket where it needs to be while installing the gear housing, all those steps will help ensure that you have no leaks for a long time down the road. the harmonic damper torque is wrong, it is 92 ft. lbs., not 135. the camshaft thrust plate bolts are 22-24 ft. lbs., oil pan bolts 22-24, i think i use that torque number for all those small 10mm head bolts on the engine, rocker lever shaft bolts are 27 ft. lbs. anything else just ask!

Wes

Back