Tow hook weight limit

Got a weight box for my puller, and I was planning on using the factory tow hook mount point to bolt the box on. I was wondering if anyone knew about how much weight they can handle.

My box weighs around 200# and I plan on putting about 3-400# in it. Majority of the weight will be 60" from the center of front axle.

I did look at the weight box thread first...... and no real answer. Posting here to see if it gets a little more traffic.

Thanks

Mine is mounted off the tow hook brackets and have approx 400lbs hanging, not sure what the capacity is but i'd sure like to know as well.

I've had close to 1000# off of a different setup, but it had the weight closer to the truck.....

Hopped with over 1000lbs off the tow mounts, all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure the bumper bolts are tight and maybe upgrade them to 1/2" bolts so the bumper doesn't sag down.

I was told when I got my weight bracket on to weld braces on the inside of the frame or else when you get to bouncing the front of the frame could brake. A guy that I know pulls 2.6 competitively told me and said his puller did that and had to bend the frame back up weld it then weld plates to the frame to stiffen it up.

For me, it was too easy to do this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 1.42.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 1.42.30 PM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
id go 134 i think it is from the rear axle rather then 60 from the front youll fit more classes this way.

Back