Towing with SSR 03/04 CR

Torque Monkey

The show stopper!!!!!
Ever since i have loaded SSR my EGT's have been higher when towing compared to the S06 POD. I am getting ready to make a pretty long trip from Seattle to Pheonix and back with a car trailer that will be loaded in both directions (hauling furniture down and a 31 Model a truck back).

I have noticed lots of talk about making as much hp as possible with SSr but not a lot of talk about towing. I would be interested to hear some suggestion into lowering EGT's while towing. Since i will have a lot of time to try a few thing I figured I would see if I could make improvements.

I have to look at where I have it set right now but I think it is very close to having everything set at 15. i will add the actual number tonight when I get home.

The truck is an 04 3500 6 speed with 90 DDP inj., HX40/HT3B twins SSR Full 5 inch exhaust, PDR stage II cam. 255/70/17 BFG's (I think) and 4.10 gears. Of course it has studs and a 3600 dual disc. Before SSr and the twins it dynoed 521hp after SSR and the twins it made 669 with the following settings.

Speed 150
RPM 1
Shift 1
TQ 1
LLT13
HLT 30
LLR 35
HLR 45
LLD 35
HLD 25

Of course all of this is useless without the current settings so as I said I will add them tonight.

I am interested in hearing any opinions on improving EGT's while towing.

i know this is late, my truck has similar set up. I did have ssr, but went back to s06. towed 12k trailer. level 5 pod 80, egt's in mountains less than 1250 running 75-80 mph.

Back