TPS 2000 cummins

rgullett83

Hey I am helpin a guy I work with out. First off, he has been having a TCC surge for several months. Well that problem disappeared:huh:: Then a few weeks later, driving down the road the trans went to neutral, and SES light came on. He had codes checked, and it set TPS code. Right now it is still driving ok. I have heard that is kind of common what do you all think? Replace expensive TPS?

Riley

Go Here and read through it, try the reset first then proceed to your local Cummins dealer with engine serial # in hand if that doesn't work.

Ok got it if resetting apps does'nt cure it, is that what needs replaced, or do I need no go through and check on a few other things.

Thanks,

Riley

I ended up replacin the TPS due to a Dead pedal. That fixed the dead pedal, now I am still chasin the TCC surge from 45-50mph, got any ideas? Also whats it cost to build this trans?

Riley, Call HTS transmissions. Up here in Lowell Michigan. Only 30 min. drive from Eric's place and is the best trans guy for Dodges.

mine is doing the same damn thing i was told to ground the yellow and black wire coming from the tps plug forgot which pin it was. And it some times acted like it didnt want to come out of 1st gear to go to 2nd gear cleaned the battery cables very good put on a new map sensor try to get a used tps but if all this is still replaced what the hell is wrong with the freakin thing is really trying to tick me off

mine acted just like that and it ended up being the ground cables had curioded inside of the wireing might check that it would surge not shift right forget were overdrive was

He replaced both batteries, and cleaned the terminals(they were pretty corroded), and so far the tcc surge is gone, but still wants to build it this spring.

Back