traceless tunes?

Rob_Bones

I H8T ULSD
For the 2011/12 trucks, is there any programer out today that isn't detectable by the dealer(s)?

-Rob

buy a ecm and tcm and tune them.... throw the factory ones back in if you need dealer work

Never mind. Pretty sure you were suggesting to get a ecm and tcm and then buy a tuner.

For the 2011/12 trucks, is there any programer out today that isn't detectable by the dealer(s)?

-Rob

Rob,

Manufacturers can advertise their product as "undetectable" because it stores the factory tune and loads an aftermarket tune to your ECM, when you decide to tune back to stock they won't see there was a tune run, but when they hook the Star Scan up to the truck they can see you've exceeded factory parameters and have seen EGT's & boost #s that factory tuning won't provide for.

Never mind. Pretty sure you were suggesting to get a ecm and tcm and then buy a tuner.

Yes, this is then only real way to program a truck and not have it be detectable, if you're willing to pay an arm and a leg to do it of course.

Totally worth it for me nick. So sounds like you know a bit about Cummins warranty issues. Other guys have said that intakes and exhaust will not void the warranty unless Cummins can prove those items caused the issue with your truck. Sound about right?

The dealership can decline your warranty for a number of reasons depending on how strict they are with claims. Personally I've never known anyone who's warranty has been declined due to a CAI or exhaust (5.9 truck), but they are a "gateway mod" which can lead the dealer to believe you have gone deeper with programming and fuel mods. Most modern CAI setups like AFE and S&B both exceed factory filtration specs and on the 6.7 even have mounting locations for MAF sensors and the filter minder, so I don't see any reason for a truck to be turned away for warranty work with either of those kits installed, the exhaust is self explanatory though.

They flagged my truck the complete warranty. For suspension lift took it in for somethingin the steering box popping . They refused to look at it. It only had a 3" lift. They said nothing to me untill I took it to a dealer. Where I knew the guys. Then I found out I had no warranty no where. They tried to get the flags removed but the big bosses refused it.

Damn that sucks. Glad I'm not getting a 4x4. Guess I won't lower the ass end either.

Back