Traction Bar Fabrication Help

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
I am currently experiencing axle wrap at the starting line when I launch... I have come to the conclusion that since I have added 80+ hp I should make some traction bars... Im looking at two different style's and need help choosing.

Option 1: I see where some people install the bars at the bottom of the axle/spring to the bellcrank on a pivot point...

Option 2: I also see where they install the bars at the bottom of the axle/spring and go further forward and weld the mounting brackets to the frame.

Seems like "option 1" would be a better choice for me. How I see it a pivot point would work better cause then you would keep your suspension travel when street driving, but would also help at the track. Where as "Option 2" the bars are stationary and would not allow the axle to go up and down. Correct me if im wrong. Thanks

I just did a bit more research and it looks like what I described in "Option 2" is called a "ladder bar"... what are the different pro's/con's of each design?

I run option two...plenty of travel...I dont run mine very tight on a daily basis, just enough to keep things from moving to much

Option 1 is more of a drag racing style while option 2 is a pulling style.

Back