traction bar info

swifty

Hey guys looking to put some traction bars on my truck but don't know which way to go it a 2005 Chevy 2500 hd crew cab long bed I don't know if HP makes a difference on which ones to go with but the truck should have around 650 to the rear wheels this is my daily driver I don't plan to drag race at all but I will be pulling with it next year I just put a grizzly locker in the rear and now it get crazy wheel hop I've been looking at caltracs but don't know if they would be good for pulling so my question is for daily driving and going to pulls on the weekends which ones should I put on any help will be greatly appreciated thanks,Jim

I wouldn't recommend Caltracs for pulling.

Check out pullingproducts.com, he may not have them listed but I know he can make them. Merchant Automotive makes a set as well.

I have pro comp on my truck, but and they do fine when the old owner pulled but i race now

For a cheap fix of axle wrap, clamp the spring pack until you can decide on what form of bars you want. In drag racing you want the bars pointing up for "anti squat" I'm not a sled puller, but some thought towards what you want the bars to do for the truck will decide on what to go with.

Tony Burkhard at All seasons diesel performance makes some nice long bars.

For a cheap fix of axle wrap, clamp the spring pack until you can decide on what form of bars you want. In drag racing you want the bars pointing up for "anti squat" I'm not a sled puller, but some thought towards what you want the bars to do for the truck will decide on what to go with.

Rob, I have always been of the school of thought where longer bars, that were close to level, led to a smoother run on the sled track.

Thanks for the explanation on the angle of the Caltracs.

i believe bds makes a nice set for that truck, i think around 540 or so...

Hey guys looking to put some traction bars on my truck but don't know which way to go it a 2005 Chevy 2500 hd crew cab long bed I don't know if HP makes a difference on which ones to go with but the truck should have around 650 to the rear wheels this is my daily driver I don't plan to drag race at all but I will be pulling with it next year I just put a grizzly locker in the rear and now it get crazy wheel hop I've been looking at caltracs but don't know if they would be good for pulling so my question is for daily driving and going to pulls on the weekends which ones should I put on any help will be greatly appreciated thanks,Jim

I wouldn't recommend Caltracs for pulling.

I have Caltracs on my 2002 and have been pulling with these for several years although I'm nowhere near the 650RWHP mark ;)

Back