Traction issues w 2wd..........

mpracehemi

HP NUT
I've seen somewhere that someone was running slicks/DOT slicks that where 12'' wide. I'm trying to find out what rims and tires they where, the sizes of each. I don't think 15'' rims will clear the rear brake calipers darn it, I wish it would 'cuz of there are plenty of slicks in 15''s and are 30'' tall.

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.... I'm in the process of making my own ladderbars to help plant the tires.

I've seen somewhere that someone was running slicks/DOT slicks that where 12'' wide. I'm trying to find out what rims and tires they where, the sizes of each. I don't think 15'' rims will clear the rear brake calipers darn it, I wish it would 'cuz of there are plenty of slicks in 15''s and are 30'' tall.

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.... I'm in the process of making my own ladderbars to help plant the tires.

M&H make some drag radials that are 28.0" to 29.5" tall in a 17" rim size.And they come in two different widths.

Bob.

im trying to find a 31.5-33" slick for an 18" rim, in the 12" wide area, so far no luck. post up what you end up going with.

im trying to find a 31.5-33" slick for an 18" rim, in the 12" wide area, so far no luck. post up what you end up going with.

Yes! Me too. I want a 33x12-13 on a 17" need 4 of them:evil

the 17's are just as tough, if i needed 4 id just go to 16's again, but i really like the way the 18's look on my truck

i bought a set of 15" wheels that clear the gf's 00' with drum brakes. Not positive they're 15's but the guy i bought them from said they were and they cleared with no problems.

i bought a set of 15" wheels that clear the gf's 00' with drum brakes. Not positive they're 15's but the guy i bought them from said they were and they cleared with no problems.

Drums aren't a problem...the trucks with rear disc brake calipers are. Thanks for your input...

certain 15's clear the drums, depending on back spacing. the discs, i think need to be aleast 17's

certain 15's clear the drums, depending on back spacing. the discs, i think need to be aleast 17's

have you run 15's? do slicks have a load rating on them? some guys have told me not to run them due to the load rating?

have you run 15's? do slicks have a load rating on them? some guys have told me not to run them due to the load rating?

no, i havent run 15's, i dont think 15's are going to fit for a street application, you really need a rim with less backspacing to get a 15 to fit because they step down in the center.

as far as the load rating, the bed of a pickup is going to be about one of the lighter things, i defiantly wouldnt load up the rear of the truck w/ a slick, but for racing and what not it will be fine.

my tires now are just radials, but not d or e rated or anything, i run the fronts at the max for the tire (51 psi) and the rears at 26 psi and the rears sidewalls are still sitting higher than the fronts.

the 15's i picked up fit just fine, tried them on before i bought them.

Back