trailer brake control module fault

vinsane

does anyone know how to fix this?

the intergrated trailer brake contoller still works and the fuses are still fine but this fault comes up everytime i start the truck. I called the local dealer and the said they have never heard of it which is no surprise

Any suggestions or info would be great

Thanks

Mine would throw a light on the dash when I would drive in the rain. It ended up being a couple wires that had the coating wore off.(when it got wet it would set the light off on the dash) Possibly follow the wiring harness back and look for a bare spot that's making a connection.

hey thanks for the reply. i tried that and cleaning the few connections that are on there but no luck so far

"It can be water in the plug, bad plug, or take it to the dealer as there was a TSB for the fault, quick and easy at the dealer if he replases the switch."

"Check all 3 connectors on the master cylinder, if one is loose it could also set this message."

"your plug on the truck is corroded. had the same problem with my f450 shortly after i bought it in april. had the plug replaced, fixed the problem."

"Took it in, had a code C2800 relating to the brake pressure switch transducer. He did some troubleshooting and said one of the pressure switches is bad on the master cylinder ( bottom center on the master ). They did not have one in stock so it is on order."

I found these searching on a different site.

Last edited:
hey thanks again. i have had some other problems with the brake controller and the wiring and of course with no help from ford. i will try your suggestions and if no luck i will have to break down and pay the fellas at ford

thanks

i just towed a trailer with it tonight and everything worked fine but i still have the warning and all the connections seem clean... i am getting tired of all the problems with it and am thinking about trading it in and maybe trying a dodge out for a bit... switching to a dodge seems crazy after 5 powerstokes but they seem to have come along way in quality so why no give it a try right?

mine has done it a few times i just found i had a bare spot on one of the wires where it pulgs in the conniector.
and i fighting a problem with the brake box on my trialer now.

this happend on my buddies ford also mainly when it rained ended up being a bad wire or corrosion i cant remember

Back