Trailer brake help

Might seem crazy but I wonder if it is possible that you have a bad battery and the voltage is going to ground in the plates essentially robbing power?

Maybe somebody with some more knowledge on how a bad battery can affect this sort of thing will chime in.

Just put a new battery in. I work for a battery backup company so batteries are very easy to get. Gonna hook the charger next week.

Try reversing the polarity on the brakes. I bought a new trailer a that didn't have working brakes. The salesman told me to put a load on it and the brakes will work!?! I needed it that day so I took it anyways and the polarity was reversed on all 4 which fixed the problem. If you have 5 volts of voltage drop you really need to fix it right. 12 awg minumum 10 awg would be recommended. Your brakes will always be crappy if you can only get 8 volts at the axles with the magnets hooked up.

Did you turn the drums, the part the magnet makes contact with ? new magnet needs to go to new flat surface . It will not have enough smooth surface to engage the brakes if you didnt turn the drums or get new ones. messed with new brakes for 4 months before i got them to work. tried all suggestions that have been discussed here

Also want to ensure magnet are connected in parallel and not in series. $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking once it warms up and all this snow melts im gonna go back through it all and figure it out.

Back