tranny blanket sizing...

ISBeINSIDE

Left Coast Hooker
does anyoneknow what size blanket you need for a g56? any info would be good.

thanks in advance
jason

found some on ebay for less than 100buckets new but they are universal so need the bellhousing measurement.

looking at pure diesel power all they have is bellhousing blankets... new rules require full lenght blankets for autos... those sled pulling rules dont know if thats the same for drag racing?

L&L rules..

SUPER STREET DIESEL 4x4 TRUCK RULES

8000 lbs.

1. Hitch height to be no more than 26 inches at point of hook before, during and after pull and no closer than 36% of the wheelbase to the center point of the rear end. Hitch must be rigid in all directions and solidly mounted. Pulling point can be no more than 1½ inch from back edge of hitching device. No clevis, chains or cables allowed in hitching device. Hitch must be attached to the frame. Hitch to be made of at least 1 inch square stock, or 1 1/8 inch round stock with a 3 inch diameter hole. Hitch must be mounted horizontal.

2. Rigid rear suspension is acceptable; air bags are permitted so long as 26-inch hitch height is not exceeded when inflated. Air bags must be disconnected.

3. Front weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle. WEIGHT LIMIT OF 8000 pounds not to be exceeded.

4. Minimum of 2-½ lb. Fire extinguisher must be within reach of driver.

5. Seatbelts and helmets are required.

6. Bell housing blankets or shields and drive shaft loops are required. Automatic transmissions must have full-length safety blankets.

7. Exhaust shall exit the vehicle straight up or straight down. Cross bolts of minimum 3/8 inch must be in exhaust system. Turbo guillotine is strongly recommended.

8 Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be removed from the truck or bottles removed and lines capped after the solenoids. Propane is prohibited.

9. Two turbo charges allowed – Any make and size.

10. Vehicle must be equipped with a kill switch. Kill switch to be located at the rear bumper within six inches of the hitch and have ring of at least a two-inch diameter.

11. Vehicle/engine combination must be available from a vehicle manufacturer. No tube chassis will be allowed.

12. ANY PERSON CHEATING ON ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION

I'm gonna need one too! Lol maybe Garret can make us a deal on 4 of them to us guys in California lol, I am a dealer for pure diesel also..

ya let me know if you guys figure somethin out, I'm ready to buy a bellhousing blanket. EEP is $50 cheaper then PDP

i need one also if you guys put something together let me know... 4r100 here

Will that one fit over the shift linkage loose enough not to effect it?

Got a stroud blanket in the way...

Thank you LCD

Sent from your moms house using Tapatalk

Anyone wants to know the size if a stroud blanket for the g56 is roughly 57x12 inches

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk

Back