ok all you drag racing gurus im building a pro stock diesel
9.00 to 9.99 class truck
it is a 94 sclb being converted to a sb
2wd :blahblah1:
trying to figure out the best tranny for it
i want to keep it simple but want to be able to hold the power
what are you guys running
Thanks in advance guys

Well, when ever you figure out what you want to run, I'd be interested in buying your 46rh off of you, lol.

a 47rh with this package!
e1e247c1.jpg

If I were to build another drag vehicle I'd strongly consider a 4R100. Look at what Bean has been doing with his. Very nice! LOL

I'm really considering the 4r too. There's a couple high HP Cummins with 4r/e4od's behind them that seem to have held up well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had a built e4od in my 97 Ford, even with a mild 450-500 hp,the tranny was junk,the 47rh is used In a lot of drag trucks, even some of the high hp dmax guys use it

47RE with PCS standalone controller gets my vote all the way. Three birds - one stone, BAMF tranny, endless trans tuning and data-logging capability all in one.

If you've got a huge budget then go for the big shafts but depending on your weight you can probably get away just fine with the stock sized billet shafts.

47/48re with a manual valve body. We run suncoast stuff and havent had a problem yet.

I had a built e4od in my 97 Ford, even with a mild 450-500 hp,the tranny was junk,the 47rh is used In a lot of drag trucks, even some of the high hp dmax guys use it

Who built it? Maddog has an e40d in his obs with well over 1000hp and Chris Werner ran a 4r100 which is basically the same thing at 1450. Beans drag truck is a 4r too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

it was a suncoast, that was quite a few years ago, im sure tunning for the trans has came a long way

I'm either going garmon or suncoast for mine. Both very convincing. Although suncoast recommends using a 4wd 47re/rh and using their th400 output shaft, machined rear housing, and slip yoke. I was inquiring a while back about an oversize billet output and had little luck for the 2wd housing. Some ppl say they are stronger than you'll ever need.

Am I missing something or have autos come a long way since Meacham Evins built his truck? He never was able to keep an auto together. He was running a Lenco when he got rid of his truck. He was in the 9's and his truck wasn't near stock weight.

Scott

How much is the truck going to weigh? Under 5000lbs should be no problem for an auto running in the 9's

Meacham's weighed 5590 before the Lenco with him in it. It was gutted. Even had lexan windows. I'd say it would take fiberglass body panels to get lighter.

Scott

Back