Tranny gone or worse?

zstroken said:
That is the tranny I am referring too. The RH is the one with the mechanical govenor. I just was using the RH for illustration. I would go with the speed sensor on the OD unit on the drivers side. Easy to change.

That is the plan then. I'm taking it down tot he local dealer on monday cause they have the scan tools I need and we can diagnose it further. Plus the head mechanic is an old tractor pulling buddy of mine so he won't charge me for the labor and the parts are cheap through him. But that definately helps me know where to look. Thanks Dan, I appriciate it!:thankyou2:

I agree with doing the speed sensor first. I would suspect govenor solenoid and/or transducer. ECM has nothing to do with transmission. I believe you are all thinking of the PCM. Lock up issue is probably the TPS. Could also be RF signal getting into PCM wiring.

ben@npd said:
I agree with doing the speed sensor first. I would suspect govenor solenoid and/or transducer. ECM has nothing to do with transmission. I believe you are all thinking of the PCM. Lock up issue is probably the TPS. Could also be RF signal getting into PCM wiring.

So everyone thigns its electronical then, and that the tranny is still fine other than maybe a sensor. RF signal I doubt but you never know. We will be hooking up at scan tool to look over all outputs and inputs on mondya to see what we got.

GSM-01 said:
So everyone thigns its electronical then, and that the tranny is still fine other than maybe a sensor. RF signal I doubt but you never know. We will be hooking up at scan tool to look over all outputs and inputs on mondya to see what we got.

I rebuilt my tranny only to realize it was still stuck in 1st. The speed signal in the back of the tranny solved my issue.
It was time to rebuild my tranny anyway but I could of gotten more use out of it had I changed the sensor before.

sleepin-sport said:
I rebuilt my tranny only to realize it was still stuck in 1st. The speed signal in the back of the tranny solved my issue.
It was time to rebuild my tranny anyway but I could of gotten more use out of it had I changed the sensor before.

My tranny is shot as it is. I mean it is all functional, its jstu slipping pretty bad so when I get back to MO I got to talk to Matt and get a new tranny in it. However, I got to get from PA to MO to get that tranny too...:bang

Get the service manual and build it. I have build 3 trannies all of them in high hp applications. One is a twinned truck, the other two are pullers. One has over 40K on it and probably 60 hooks. I just use parts from Goerend!

zstroken said:
Get the service manual and build it. I have build 3 trannies all of them in high hp applications. One is a twinned truck, the other two are pullers. One has over 40K on it and probably 60 hooks. I just use parts from Goerend!

I think a Goerend TC is what Matt is gonna do. I have an old valve body that wer are going to use. I jsut don't have the time to do it and it is going in my daily driver and I also don't know how to do it so I'm leaving it in Matts hands. I trust his work.

Speed sensor in the OD unit was what it was. Thanks Dan!

Back