Tranny help!!!!

ward.racing

black smoke addict
I finally got my truck going and test drove it. And when dropped into drive it was in 3rd. then pulled down to second and it will downshift to second. I tried going to first and it wont. and it will not shift into OD. Im thinking it it my gov. pressure sol. and switch but not sure. Its a suncoast tranny with a fresh rebuild and just cleaned the vb. any ideas??

thansk

Mark

Tranny is in limp. Go straight from neutral to 1st. Did you do something to address the higher pressures to keep the trans from going to limp?

I hadnt done anything to the vb but clean it. but if i remember right in drive the gov. pressure should be 0 and its running around 65. thats what makes me thing the sol. is out and staying open and keeping it from first. im def. not a tranny guy.

ok went and played with it on lunch. and you was right. go from nuetral to 1 and it will go into first. So easy fix??

The tranny sounds like it is in limp. I would bet your line pressure is 65 psi also. You can put a jumper in the power trans relay. That might fix it.

Back