Tranny Help!!!

rabbit86_06

I have purchased a use suncoast tranny with triple disk tc and double deep dish pan from a member on this forum , after intalling took it down the road for test run tranny did fine goin to town washed the under carage of hte truck so could be able check for leaks, pulled back up to shop seems a may have a leak coming from tc location just seal on the pump is leaking, took back down raod for another test ride transfer locked up in 4x4 wouldnt come out went pull back into shop to deal with transfer case, it was having issues pullin into shop so shifted down to first acted like it was in neutral or between gears touched coller it was hotter than normal, let truck sit for while backed out of shop pulled fine shifted down to first gear manualy it pulled just fine and tranny unlocked after i cleaned pug connections and dielectric grease on them it has unlocked now. CAN YAL PLEASE HELP!!!!

Eight complete lines in that paragraph with one period. Another american education success story. :bang

didnt know had go to grammar school to get help from jackass like yal so wut i cant type but i bet you could stil read it with out them

Dang oh dang man yal need adjust that there thingy a ma jigger right der make her scream real good!

LOLStop your killin meeeee!LOLLOLbif Seriously you got to take a little ribbing here with grammar like that! i liked the drunk one! Anyway don't take it personally The _________ Have been trying to kill public schools for years! Looks like they're succeeding! You know only the rich should have an education! You should have put a new input seal in! The hot issue is a real concern!

Here's some advice, it's free, take it. If you want someone to help you, you'd better be clear, concise and descriptive. A fat fingered typo is one thing, but having the written communication skills of Corky after a 12 pack is another matter entirely. Don't make us read junk and you won't get flamed. Seriously, it's really that simple.

This post has too much crazy talk to address without breaking it up first. Without further adieu, I will now attempt to cut out the jibberish and trim this literary disaster into smaller, halfway coherent statements. Help me baby Jesus.

rabbit86_06 said:
I have purchased a use suncoast tranny with triple disk tc and double deep dish pan from a member on this forum.

Ok, you bought a transmission. I'm with you so far.

rabbit86_06 said:
after intalling took it down the road for test run tranny did fine

Gotcha, no issues after installing it.

rabbit86_06 said:
washed the under carage of hte truck

For some reasons a mental alarm is going off. Water + wires. Wait a second...you actually hit the transmission (and harness) with a pressure washer? Something tells me you're about to have electrical problems.

rabbit86_06 said:
took back down raod for another test ride transfer locked up in 4x4 wouldnt come out went pull back into shop to deal with transfer case

Bingo! Yes, I'm a genius. Uh, I'm going to shoot from the hip and suggest pressure washing was a bad idea and your harness was shorting out due to moisture intrusion. Somewhere in a book I read about water being a good electrical conductor.

rabbit86_06 said:
it was having issues pullin into shop so shifted down to first acted like it was in neutral or between gears touched coller it was hotter than normal

Coller? WTF is a 'coller' and why were you touching it? Cooler, maybe? This actually took a long time to decipher. I almost had to phone a friend. Typical trans temps are ~200*, so don't touch the cooler. Hot things are bad (but fun!) to touch, mkay?

rabbit86_06 said:
let truck sit for while backed out of shop pulled fine shifted down to first gear manualy it pulled just fine and tranny unlocked after i cleaned pug connections and dielectric grease on them it has unlocked now. CAN YAL PLEASE HELP!!!!

DON'T WORRY BUDDY, HELP IS ON THE WAY!

Recap time.

1.) Bought transmission. Check.
2.) Installed transmission and it worked. Check.
3.) Pressure washed transmission. Check.
4.) Transmission did not work. Check.
5.) Cleaned & dried harness. Check.
6.) Everything works again. Check.

Well Captain Obvious, what exactly do you want help with? The only REAL advice anyone can give you is...*insert drum roll here*

STOP PRESSURE WASHING THE HARNESS ON YOUR TRANSMISSION.

Capiche?

Last edited:
im trying to find out what caused it to over heat so quick, could the check valve in tranny lines to cooler be stuck? also why would it not shift down to first manualy? do these tranny have a limp mode?

Take it easy guys the man is in need of help, he is freaking out about his tranny. ok well it sound like a valve body problem, something to do with the shift ball in it. that should solve that problem. as for the water issue wd40 and dielectric grease, (you get more water on them on a rainy day). i hope this help ohh the input leak, before you drop it again ,check the drain plug on it.

Also be damn sure you checked the fluid level when it was warm and read it from the highest side of the dipstick in nuetral. Make sure it was a solid mark all the way to the highest reading. Low fluid level and washing the harness most likely caused your issue.

Back