tranny swap questions.

02SFguy

hey everyone my buddy and i are in the middle of doing a trans swap in his early 04 ram 3500 dually. we are taking out his piece of crap "built" ATS tranny that has blown up 3 times and switching to the nv5600 manual trans. we just had the trans completely redone and the clutch is being sent off to south bend today for the same treatment. where we are running into our problem is that we are getting A LOT of mixed answers on what we need to switch electrical wise for this swap. some have said just the body control module and others have said you need to swap all of the computer due to vin issues. PLEASE help us out with some answers to these very important questions. also we know that the 271 transfer case he has from the auto will not work on the nv5600 however what is the part number for the new input shaft we will need to buy for it to work with the trans. thanks for all your help and input in advance. oh and if there is anything else that you feel i might have missed or need to know please fill me in, im always open to learning more about this kind of thing.:bang

Back