tranny, vb , tc converter

cthomp81

I have tranny built with suncoast parts transgo shift kit extra tranny cooler b&m deep pan and precision converter. i have 1500 (mostly highway miles) on the tranny and babied it up to 1000 i added a tc lock up switch. i got in it this morning, driving to the store then it stop pulling ok, i pulled over check everything and everything was cool got back in started it up. It pull good for 20 feet and it stop i turn it off and turn it back on it do the same thing. now i when i put it in neutral i hear weird sound and thats only in neutral. any ideals

ok checked the fluid in it the fluid was in the safe zone but i pulled the cooler hose a very weak flow and stop flowing with fluid in it. could that be vb ,pump or something stop it up

You check flow in gear! Be carefull you will get covered in seconds! Since it's not an easy fix your gonna need a pressure guage but if you want to drop the pan and look for a smoking gun that's your choice! Did you do any boosted launches? Something broke!

no i done it on 47re on my half ton it pour out quickly. its nothing hardly come out my diesel. i did boost around 10psi and it ran good until i stop at the light. it dont make any sense when i turn the truck off and turn it on it pulls like normal for about 20 feet and stop pulling

put a guage on it or take it to a tranny shop for a diagnostic but don't beleive 90% of what they tell you! Check your fluid level in drive!

I had a 46RH do that same thing and the filter was clogged from converter debris. May want to drop the pan and have a look.

Your trans genius on CF has never seen one clogged that bad. Hell, I experienced it. Does this make me eddumacated?

Back