trans cross member

smoken02

Im pulling the trans out of my truck and the cross member will not come out. Yes all the bolts are out. The frame and crossmember are wedge shaped right there. I tried just prying it out, but no luck. Whats the secret?

push up and slide it out the back you cant get it crooked while sliding it back or it gets stuck. it will just fall out when you get past the raised spot on the frame where it sits

I have even had to use a porta power to spread the frame just a hair to take pressure off the cross member.

there is a pull in bloomington on wednesday perfect chance to see how well the new tranny works

I dont think the rest of my parts will be here by then, but that would be cool. Im not sure but dont these thing need a little break in time?

Trans is out:rockwoot:

what else u got coming? A little break in time is allways nice but if u drive it a few days it ought to be fine.

I just put new injectors in it. A new Afe stage 2 yet. Building new control arms and traction bars. Waiting on my in line trans temp sender fitting. My egt fitting that screws into the manifold stripped, so now i need to find one. I sandblasted and painted a bunch of engine parts. All new U-joints. Needs new tires. 3rd gen trac bar will be going in it also. I think that about covers it.

The new trans came in today. The old one is out . My plan is to swap the transfer case and do some prep work tonight. Since today is monday and I work late into the night. I won't have much time each day to work on my truck. I'm hoping to have it running this weekend though.

I went to napa to get a new transfer case rear output seal. I got the wrong seal so I went back with the old seal. The size of the seal didnt match up with anything under dodge. The seal they found that was the same as mine came up for a chevy. This puzzles me. I understand that chevy would use a new process case also, but why all the seals were too small using dodge I dont know. I hope this works

I went to napa to get a new transfer case rear output seal. I got the wrong seal so I went back with the old seal. The size of the seal didnt match up with anything under dodge. The seal they found that was the same as mine came up for a chevy. This puzzles me. I understand that chevy would use a new process case also, but why all the seals were too small using dodge I dont know. I hope this works

I had the same problem just last week . The NAPA part # that I got to work was 19208 . Our trucks are classified as heavy duty and NAPA doesn't have a listing in their books for it .

I hope that's the part number of the seal I ordered. If not and this one doesn't work then I will buy that one. Thanks for the number.

Back