Trans issues , electrical

spooled05

Ok so I got HP tuners and had Lavon build me a tune and the trans was actin a little funny shifting , I had a dtt shift enhancer so I contributed it to that , lavon turned all the trans settings to stock and it was still about the same so I decided to remove the shift enhancer. Now the ecm is not commanding power to the trans relay , I resoldered and shrink wrapped the 2 connections where it tapped into the wiring and ohmed the whole harness out and its all good. Its not throwing any codes but all I got is first gear am I missing something here?
Thanks,Zack

Ok so I messed with it some more and got a couple codes .
The shift enhancer splices in the #1 ttva wire which is position sence signal and I have a mystery box that taps to the #2 wire on the round plug which is the 5v supply for the governor pressure sensor
p0868 gov press to high
p0882 trans 12v circuit low
and its maxing the ttva out so all I got is first.
So I guess the gov press being to high is making the ecm kill power to the trans?

Heres the box hooked up to the round plug , I thought it had something to do with the shift enhancer but after some research it doesn't . Guess it fools the system for the proper governor pressure?
DDA4E486-F228-49A6-9E9F-3B157F9E8633_zpspaaeickk.jpg

Well phuck ! Put the mystery box back on and still the same ! Guess I'll put the shif enhancer back and see what happens

Went through and ohm checked all the associated wiring from ecm to all connectors in trans harness and from ecm to trans relay and all wires are good so its looking like an ecm problem to me ,idk its got me stumped ,its now showing a low power code to the ttva , I put another one I got laying around but no go .

I jumpered the trans relay and now I can drive it but 1-2 shift is very harsh the ecm is not commanding to power the trans relay so the ttva stays maxed , manually turning the ttva will change the values like it should just don't have power. When I had the trans harness off I noticed fluid leaking and its coming out of the round plug , does anyone think this could have something to do with it? gov pressure is good on scanner and od and lock up work so I really don't think that's the problem , im leaning to the ecm anybody got any insite?

I took a old ttva plug I had and applied 9 volts to the motor and it works like it should so the only thing it could be is the ecm im my eyes , anybody got a good 05 auto ecm?

Well I dropped the vb to replace solinoids and this dropped out , guess it's rebuild time ! It's shiftin good and no slippage and the break looks old so who knows how long it's been like this . Everything looks good in there , what clutch pack is this this from ?

15013311-2EE0-4BC1-8D81-E970BD8D10F4_zpst7lvncce.jpg

Last edited:
That's from the OD pressure plate. It is the stepped version that allows 6 clutches instead of 5. It can be fixed by just pulling the OD unit. I would go back with a thick plate and 5 standard thickness clutches or 6 thin ones but either way get rid of the stepped plate.

Well I replaced the trans control harness with solenoid's and still a no go! Went ahead and flashed stock tune back in and BAM it works again! Oh well I fixed a couple of trans leaks an found out the od needs some love so guess it wasn't all for nothing!

Back