trans shelled out... again

What clutches are best to use for OD brake? I used some Borg waffle clutches from wittrans last go-around and it seemed to shift really soft. This is a 5 clutch setup btw.

Yeah those are the ones I used. I had used raybestos with oil grooves in the other rebuilds and it shifted 3-4 nice n firm. Not sure if different clutches could make a difference in shift firmness, or if its all in the OD piston clearance/vb. I had around .110 clearance IIRC.

So I got it back together mostly, looks like input end play is around .030-.035. Is this a good place to be?

Also got a REAL 48re pump this time, and Dave made my VB constant pressure as well. Hopefully it all works.

Well, got it all up and running again, everything seemed fine but now I'm hearing that whine again. Gets loudest over 3000 rpm, does it in gear or in park.

must be something engine related. only thing it could be in park would be the pump, assuming its brand new

What could it be in the engine though? It sounds like it's coming from trans pump area. Converter and pump are from goerend, everything looked fine. I did have this issue before, and I think it was from a clogged filter. But if I have a clogged filter in less than 100 miles than that's not good. I suppose I'll drop the pan and see what it looks like.

Sent from phone

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWQJZcUOfxY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWQJZcUOfxY[/ame]

Can hear it in this vid. Pretty sure its from the trans.
I'm pulling the pan this weekend. Damn it this thing is such a PITA!

Every time my trans has whined it was tearing itself apart and plugging the filter with all the debris.

I went through sort of the same thing three years ago when I first got into auto transmissions. I toasted about three then I finally started getting better. Now I don't have any issues doing transmissions cause I learned what NOT to do. Keep at it and take this as your learning experience. Eventually it will pay off!

Lol yeah except it seems I'm getting worse haha. The very first build I did lasted over a year of me beating the crap out of it, and now I can't keep it together for a week. Lol

Sent from phone

Something seems screwy with the line pressure too, doesn't seem like constant pressure to me. At idle line is 70-100 in gear and it ramps up with rpm. Still getting pressure drop in lockup too. It runs like 20 psi lower in lockup vs unlocked.

Dropped the pan, fluid looked clean, bit of metal on the magnet and bottom of pan. Filter had some crap on it but nowhere near clogged. Vb bolts were still tight. What gives? Still shifts fine, getting a pressure drop in lockup, and overall line pressure drops the warmer the fluid gets. Hot idle in gear is only 60 psi but it climbs quick with rpm.

e2yru7a2.jpg

6ugabeny.jpg

Sent from phone

Back