Trans slipping only when turning?????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Ok, 47RE was swapped into my 03, Monster pump trans and converter. Maybe 2500 miles on a rebuild and was running great until.......

Just a few weeks ago it slipped, I thought it was my fault, but started happening more often. Started paying attention to when and how. Doesnt matter RPM, L/U or unlocked or gear. But I have noticed it more in 2nd lockup than anything else.

Heres the kicker........ It ONLY slips when turning Left........Turning right, never slips at all. This is boggling me a lot and I just cant understand why it only slips turning. Any ideas to look at or do?

Are all of your mounts tight? Is it a cable shift linkage? I would look for something put into a bind, probably drop the pan and make sure not an issue with the pickup

Mine did this once and I found it low of fluid. Only to the left, right turns were fine. Helped me find the leak before it was completely out of fluid.

I was thinking mounts first too, I went through and the trans mount was brand new when I put the trans in.

I can recheck fluid.... Its kind of a hard deal being that I have an aftermarket trans cooler in the bed..... Its a bit over full on the stick, but with the extra lines and cooler, whats the best way to check? With the engine running maybe?

Ive been racking my brain on it, and going over all kinds of strange stuff, so I can see an odd fluid level getting over looked.....

I can recheck fluid.... whats the best way to check? With the engine running maybe?.....

I think we have identified the problem. Always check automatic transmissions fluid level with the engine running. Hope this fixes your issue, and didn't cause any damage to your clutches and seals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have identified the problem. Always check automatic transmissions fluid level with the engine running. Hope this fixes your issue, and didn't cause any damage to your clutches and seals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up some fluid today, and i do hope thats it. But Im going to check today, top off if needed, and hopefully thats it!

As long as the pump is pumping it doesn't matter what gear it is in as long as you can keep the truck from moving so you don't get run over. Thus, the friend.

Also need to put it in all gear positions before checking.

As long as the pump is pumping it doesn't matter what gear it is in as long as you can keep the truck from moving so you don't get run over. Thus, the friend.
Also need to put it in all gear positions before checking.
I don't know if the 48res are like this but with the 47 it won't pump through the cooler in park.

He's got a built trans, so I'm assuming it flows in neutral. I don't know of too many people that build valve bodies, that don't do this.

Just check in neutral and you'll be good, I'm sure.

Back