Trans temp climbing stopped in-gear.

jgsturbo

caveman
99 47RE-
After installing a new 1500 stall converter (and a shift kit) now my TFT climbs steadily IF I put in in gear while stopped. Stop/go traffic made it read as high as 220. But also if I'm decelerating down a long hill it will rise as well.

I'm guessing its a function of the low stall converter>?

Cooler upgrade?

it sounds like something is not right. kinda sounds like its staying partially locked up or in a gear while holding pressure to create heat or the cooler might be plugged up. the only thing you changed was converter and the shift kit?

if you are idling in gear for long periods of time, it will build quite a bit of heat

mine has around a 1600 stall and doesnt do that at all. very rarely have i even been able to get it up off the peg on the gauge.

i deleted my trans cooler for the twins and mine warms up when in stop and go traffic, but not very fast at all. I got a 1600 stall with deep pan. Worst ive seen is 230* stop and go traffic 95* weather towing a small uhaul trailer and it took about 15-20 minutes to get there.

Mine doesnt get that high, most I saw was 160* with a 24' enclosed loaded with a car in stop and go. I have a 1500 stall RevMax Triple in mine. Stock pan, stock cooler, stock fans, 100hp edge jammers, and juice/att on level 3x3.

Back