trans temp resistance

lextalionis

user friendly
thought i saw it on here before but couldnt find it. i need to know what size resistor to loop in place of the stock 47rh temp sensor.

I only had the 1 watt resistor on hand, so that's what I used. Worked fine as well. I bet 0.25 watt would also work fine.

What does the temp resistor do? I thought the only thing that need a resistor was the gov pressure sensor sometimes.

What does the temp resistor do? I thought the only thing that need a resistor was the gov pressure sensor sometimes.

The temperature sensor works on the principal of resistance. It is calibrated to convert the temperature of the trans fluid into a resistance reading. An open circuit (infinite resistance) makes the transmission think that the fluid is cold and overdrive/lockup are not allowed by the computer. As the fluid warms up, the resistance decreases to a point where the trans decides that the fluid is warm enough to operate overdrive and lockup correctly.

i tryed a 1k and my trans temp light came on but still wont go into od :nail: wtf. any ideas

If the temp light it on, it thinks the tranny is too hot and it won't let it shift into overdrive. Try a smaller resistor, like 500 instead of 1K.

Are you sure its engaging both sides? I just shoved mine in the connector to test it then made a small harness wih a weatherpack

Back