Transfer case fitment

Ram12vcummins

Can anyone tell me if theres any difference between a transfer case from a 97 2500 with a nv4500 and a 03 2500 with a 6 speed. Would it be a g56 or nv5600? My brothers friend blew his transfer case and I've got one attached to a nv4500.

should slide right on. But, it will be a different transfer case. Six speed, I think will be NV5600

I think it was in 03 when they switched to the 271, which is quite a bit bigger than the 241 you have. Going from a 241DLD to a 271 in my truck I had to get a different bigger yoke and have my driveshaft shortened. If you have the 241DHD, this may or may not be an issue.

I think it was in 03 when they switched to the 271, which is quite a bit bigger than the 241 you have. Going from a 241DLD to a 271 in my truck I had to get a different bigger yoke and have my driveshaft shortened. If you have the 241DHD, this may or may not be an issue.

I'll have to go look what I have an see what he has.

should slide right on. But, it will be a different transfer case. Six speed, I think will be NV5600

So the output on the nv5600 should be identical to the nv4500? He might just run into a length issue? I imagine at that point it would be less expensive for him to have his fixed unless it's a case that's busted.

Yes, 29 spline. Just to let ya in on a little secrete. Google will answer most of the questions you have. But, I don't mind to help when I know the answer.

Yes, 29 spline. Just to let ya in on a little secrete. Google will answer most of the questions you have. But, I don't mind to help when I know the answer.

Lol google also has a lot of guys who answer and don't know. I appreciate the knowledge of guys like you and the compd community.

I put a 271 behind my nv4500 in my 97, fit right on. But i had to rework the crossmember to make it fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back