Transfer case gasket or rtv..

mulisha

The guy that just redid my tcase said he only uses rtv and not a gasket, when re installing.. What r you guys doing... ??

Are you talking about between t-case to transmission or between the two t-case halves?

The rebuild kit I ordered for our duramax did not come with a gasket for the transfer case halves, but came with one for the trans to transfer case connection. Just used rtv and hasn't leaked yet.

The rebuild kit I ordered for our duramax did not come with a gasket for the transfer case halves, but came with one for the trans to transfer case connection. Just used rtv and hasn't leaked yet.

Ok, so you went with just rtv between trans and tcase.. Thanks... Still looking for a little more feedback..

Nothing wrong with rtv as long as the surface is clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use a gasket or RTV between the trans and t-case.

Same here. Just bolt it to the trans and go. The seal on the rear of the trans and the seal in the front of the transfer case should hold all the fluids where they should stay..

Same here. Just bolt it to the trans and go. The seal on the rear of the trans and the seal in the front of the transfer case should hold all the fluids where they should stay..

This ^^ On a dodge you do not use any sealant between the trans and t-case.

The guy that just redid my tcase said he only uses rtv and not a gasket, when re installing.. What r you guys doing... ??
The copper rtv gasket stuff best stuff in the shelf

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Copper gasket maker best stuff on the shelf in a squeeze tube!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well guys,its been a few weeks.. I put nothing there like people said.. After it was exsplained to me. Made sense... No leaks.... 1st race is in 4 weeks... Thanks for the input guys.

Back