transfer case indexing and driveshaft spacers...

cquestad

I am redoing my suspension on the front of my 04 to a long arm system and running a new set of Thuren's coils a little taller than before.

Who has indexed or not indexed your transfer case at 6 inches of lift over stock and do you run a front driveshaft spacer the same thickness as the index ring? Is there enough room on the rear slip yoke to accomadate for the index ring pussing the transfer case back?

I am thinking....do it....but it would be less work to not.

I have un as high as 5inthe then settled to 3.5 over the years without any issues. Half of the suspension companies do not index at 6 inches. My fear is that since I have more wheel travel than most....due to the design of my custom kit that I tend to find stuff out the hard way. Stock bumpstop height in front.....14 inches of total travel.

Thanks for your thoughs...I know there are not a lot of high hp lifted trucks that are driven hard....but the few speak up please.

I am happy to say that other that one set of ball joints and some fresh oil in my Kings....my first suspension set up lasted 200k. Going to be even better now!

Try this site out,somebody should be able to help you out there.

Dodge Trucks Xtreme

Thuren makes a good riding coil spring,I have a set of his 3" coils on mine which gave it close to 3.5" of lift.

I ran a 5 in custom set at 330 lbs for over a 100k miles....they have settled and I am starting over....I am a huge fan.

Back