Transfer case questions.

HOTT RACING

Being Schooled
I hope you dont mind me asking this question here. I have a 01 dually and had a problem towing my trailer. My gcw is 24000 and on a downhill 10% grade it felt like it jumped teeth times and fit nutral once in 2wd. Can a 241 hold this weight? I would like to put a nv271 in it and was wondering what would need to be done to fit?

its not hard to put a 271 in, the worst part is getting a yoke and the driveshaft shortened

Thats not a problem. Perry hall power on 40 is a spicer dealer in whitemarsh he said he does that driveshaft shortening/building.

good luck with perry hall power, I called up there to get a price on installing a new carrier in my Dana 80 and the a$$hole on the phone just kept telling me he didn't have time to work on something like that and wouldn't give me a price. Then when I needed my DS shortened for my 271 swap, he told he would need the truck and he wouldn't just shorten the shaft using my measurements.

Kinda hard to bring him the truck when I dont have a driveshaft for it.

I get all my DS work done down at Peter's Spring Works in the city, they do all big rig work, and keep the spicer parts in stock.

Good to know. I have dealt with him a few times and havent had any troubles. I need u joints installed when I rebuilt my front end and he did it same afternoon. It helped me out a good bit. I understand what you mean though. He does stock most things I have needed in the past like I put bearing races and bearing in the rear recently chile I replaced the rear brakes. This task sucks on a dually. Broke a bolt off in the hub and had to order it from dodge. Came on a horse and buggie a week later from milwalkie.

Back