Transmission 2006 6.0 torque shift

smoken250

What is this black cover or piece on the front of my trans? It's leaking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The only time I have ever seen one leak trans fluid from the bell housing the torque convertor was cracked, it was cracked around one of the studs.

Is it engine oil or transmission fluid. If engine oil I would say rear main seal and if its transmission fluid I would say the seal around the input shaft

It's engine oil. It's not coming from the black plug to access the converter bolts. Man I'm scared to death it the bed plate. It just had the truck studs done 2 weeks ago!!!

Sounds like time to pull the tranny and find the issue. Could always remove the plug use a mirror and light and see if you can spot the issue. Or just keep driving it'll eventually fix it's self :hehe:

I pulled the plug. Nothing wet in there. Coming from somewhere else.

Looks like it's coming from this seam. Must be running down from somewhere else.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
For the hell of it look at the back of the block above the transmission just to make sure it's not running off.

That's what I suspect coming from the bell housing. But always need to check the simple stuff first.

That is 100% where the leak is coming from. But I don't understand how.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
Well no matter how many pictures you take looks like the tranny needs to come out.

Check cam and crank sensors. Also check the top side of the engine behind turbo. The oil will travel on these things and make you think it is a bed plate or rear main.

Aight I'm going to search till I find it or surender. I'm not 100% sure the tranny has to come out just yet. But prob.

Back