Transmission cooler

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
What aftermarket tranny cooler are you guys running. I've got the b&m super cooler with fan mounted onder the bed on my truck. It will get up to 190 psi around town. Does good on the higway, around 150, but the fan seems to have no effect on the temps. Got a flexalite on one of our other trucks. It has a bigger fan(cfm), but temps get up to 230 around town with this one. On the higway, its fine(150 degrees) but the fan has no effect with this one either. Any ideas?

I'm using the stock first gen A/C Condenser converted to a transmission cooler.

I have a thermocouple in the hotline, never tow anything, when it's 110 out I can get to 220 degrees cresting Chiriaco Summit at around 100 MPH. Non-lock-up Goerend converter.

Cooler3.jpg

230 around town is really high, especially in the pan. Like, "something's wrong" high.

I run a super deep pan on mine keeps it in check. Added one gallon of atf with the deep pan that help my truck. Will be puting a cooler uder the bed with a fan for the track.

What aftermarket tranny cooler are you guys running. I've got the b&m super cooler with fan mounted onder the bed on my truck. It will get up to 190 psi around town. Does good on the higway, around 150, but the fan seems to have no effect on the temps. Got a flexalite on one of our other trucks. It has a bigger fan(cfm), but temps get up to 230 around town with this one. On the higway, its fine(150 degrees) but the fan has no effect with this one either. Any ideas?

where are you reading your temps from? What year truck?

I've got the sensor in the pan. My system holds 20 qts of fluid. But the fan and cooler don't seem to be doing their job. Not suire if its getting enough airflow under the truck.

i run a derale pan and a derale cooler with fan mounted in place of where my spare tire was. It is also tied in with the stock front cooler. Heat exchanger is gone. Let's just say that I dont have to run the fan very often.

I am going to be running 2 of those B&M coolers on my truck mounted in series. I think I am going to mount them on the roll bar in the box. I think that this should keep it cool for those hard launches

Back