Transmission help

ehines218

So I just installed a manual valvebody drove around for a week and then was doing some testing for drags on friday and it started acting up so I shut it down for the night. Started next morning and all is well, got to town to get windows tinted and go to pull truck in and if I put it in gear it dies. I tried putting my old valvebody in but no change. The driveline starts to spin like it wants to go but dies before tires move. I have no clue what to do does anyone have any insight?

Unplug the 8 pin connector and see if it still does it, if the lockup solenoid is getting fed power/ground it will lock the converter as soon as you drop it in gear, by unplugging it you determine if its a mechanical or electrical issue.

Lavon

Lavon that's actually the 2nd thing I tried right after unplugging my lockup switch itself. It still is locked up. I guess I'll be pulling my trans again... I'm starting to get too good at this

Did the old vb you swapped in have a different lockup solenoid on it? Either the solenoid is stuck closed or the clutches in the TC are warped/welded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be some trash on the lockup solenoid screen, even with the electronics unplugged the pressure can't bleed off.

Whole new lockup solenoid with the different valvebody and I tried a different solenoid on the old valve body too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I'm pulling transmission wednesday. How would I test the tc to see if it is the issue once it's out?

Stick an input shaft in it and see if you can turn it

Well crap now I need another input shaft lol I think my buddy has one I can borrow

Unplug the 8 pin connector and see if it still does it, if the lockup solenoid is getting fed power/ground it will lock the converter as soon as you drop it in gear, by unplugging it you determine if its a mechanical or electrical issue.

Lavon
I spoke with Paul Cato on th phone and he said it could also be an input shaft seal leaking. Other than pulling transmission is there anything I can do to check for this? I have a guage in my accumulator port and when I put it in gear it spike to 100 then dies.

You won't be able to tell from the regular test ports on the Trans. Bill @ DTT told me a way to check it via the cooler line if I remember right, but it's been so long I don't remember the specifics.

I believe you can test the passages with air and listen for leaks. Just have to pull the valve body

So got into the Trans today. I put an old input shaft in the tc and if I hold it with my legs I can spin the shaft. I pulled the pump and inspected the seals on the input shaft and they all look perfect. So I have no clue where to go from here. I did take the od housing off because I just put new clutches in and the steels got hot!!! Seemed weird to me considering they have 1 boosted launch on them and no hard pulls with the tuner up

Were they setup too tight? When you put the snap ring in the top steel shouldn't be touching it really

I would send the valvebody out to get checked. I've seen some very weird things happen with manual vb's and they always happen within the first month it seems.

From speaking with several big shops they are saying my tc is locked up. And from comparing it to others I will have to agree

Back