Transmission Leaking Underload

bigpanther2004

I have a 01 psd and just can back from vacation and on the way home noticed trans fluid all under the truck and on the trailer. The rear diff is totally covered, checked the trans fluid level and its fine. Any possible reason that it is only doing it under load, i can drive all around here at home and there is no sign of anything?

might just be heating up and commin out the vent hole above the pump behind the convertor. When the tranny fluid heats up it expands and comes out somewhere. Just my theory on it.

same issue with E4OD in my buddy's 97', its stock and everytime we pulled the 5th wheel it did it. Get a tranny gauge and you will be able to tell more whats goin on. Once his tranny started doin it more and more it frequently... didn't last long

Same here have a 2000 F550 hauled heavy when i first had it would leak and I would top off however when it overheats it push's out the front seal did not last long trans went had it rebuilt with a huge cooler 140K of towing since still ticking. Add a cooler for sure the factory is for jetta's hope your trans it still good.

trans temp was running fine, it got up to around 160-180 at the highest, only thing we could see was the vent tube was pinched with the clip that holds it on, is there any possible way that it could push it back through the tube and maybe leaking out the seal there?

There is a upgraded viton front seal for the trans. The leak you have will only get worse until its replaced. Thanks James

Back