Transmissions Again

RogueCummins

I have been doing my research and still cant come down to a builder for my transmission. I am between Garmon or Goerend. Also what is better for daily driving sled pull and drag race a laminated flex plate or billet. Thanks for your time i appreciate all the help you guys give. 48re

where do you live? that can make your determination for you as both those builders are top notch.

I recommend Garmon myself. For an example of how he builds trannys.... look at my truck. 8K+lbs on 37's running high 11's to low 12's for several years without issue. Garmon uses several tricks when he builds them that others likely don't.

Most prefer laminated plates since they flex a little. I've ran a billet plate for the life of my built trans without a problem. Garmon will sell you a laminated plate and will guarantee all the parts. Labor is on you unless you take the truck to him.

where do you live? that can make your determination for you as both those builders are top notch.

I recommend Garmon myself. For an example of how he builds trannys.... look at my truck. 8K+lbs on 37's running high 11's to low 12's for several years without issue. Garmon uses several tricks when he builds them that others likely don't.

Most prefer laminated plates since they flex a little. I've ran a billet plate for the life of my built trans without a problem. Garmon will sell you a laminated plate and will guarantee all the parts. Labor is on you unless you take the truck to him.

^Exactly what he said^ Garmon's tranny is the shiznit! You will not be dissapointed.

Been running a tranny with Goerend parts for 4 years, and I am hard on trannies. Zero issues so far.

goerend tranny here wouldnt change it for nothing plus billet flex plate. goerend ships any where plus great customer service

I'll have to second TY on a Garmon tranny!! Jeff is great to work with and his prices were better than everyone else I checked with. I went with a billet flex and full billet tranny and I couldn't be more happy with everything. Jeff will also ship a tranny to you, had mine in just a few days, Ga to Md. PM me with any question you may have, anything but price, get in touch with Big Swole or Jeff for that..Good luck man..ROB

GARMON'S!!!!!

Not to knock on any of the other's mentioned at all, but do some searching and talking with folks that have used a Garmon Tranny....You will be hard pressed to find a complaint man! In fact there a CompD member here that had another brand tranny...He decided to spring for the Garmon's new tricks and had him upgrade it to a Garmon Spec tranny....The first time at the track after that, his truck ran a out two or three tenth's quicker in the quarter!! That speaks for itself!!

I've personally seen Jeff have to fix problems that other tranny builders caused...In fact, there are Two members here on CompD that had to have Jeff fix the crap that they had just paid for from other builders....

He is constantly upgrading the parts he uses and having custom pieces made that he sees can be made better.....He's got a few tricks that most don't know about that just make his tranny's a step above the rest!!

Like I said, the others mentioned will probably work well for ya but It's simply a decission about wether you want to spend your money on the Best Tranny out there......Call Jeff 404-557-4972 and speak with him.....If you need anything or If you can't get him on the phone soon, PM me and I'll give you my cell number and put you in touch with him....

I can also quote his prices for you as well!!

David Elrod

Another for goerend here! Dave is a top notch guy, he doesnt just sell you crap that you dont need. The first thing he will ask is what kinda of driving you do and what the truck is used for and then tailors the transmission to your needs. Awesome customer service although it probably wont be needed. Mine was on the track two weeks after I got it, cant tell you how many 15-18lb launches ive made with it and its never missed a beat. Just my two cents worth

LISTEN TO THEM!!!

"THEE MAN" Jeff Garmon!

I wish I would have the 1st time. I had another Tranny and had Jeff put his special touch on it and damn, it is a different truck. Great customer service, great guy and plus he uses Opie's shafts which have not had problems yet. Not knocking others but Jeff races the trannies he builds. So he knows what you need. Give him a call.
Brian

Back