Triples Oil Drains

You took the plastic plugs out of the drain hole didn't you? lol, just messin' with u brother..............although I've seen that done!

Chuck you Farlie! Plastic plugs aren't the issue...

You should change your signature btw...that d max is long gone, but you've got a new hot-rod now!

I ran both primaries 7/8" drains to a "Y" and into the stock(on a 24v) rear drain, and the secondary to the stock front drain with no issues. I regularly see 45psi, gates are factory set to 20psi each, although the secondary is well ported.

I ran both primaries 7/8" drains to a "Y" and into the stock(on a 24v) rear drain, and the secondary to the stock front drain with no issues. I regularly see 45psi, gates are factory set to 20psi each, although the secondary is well ported.

Good to know.

I've got the new drains in my support brace as well as oil pan...now I'm stuck trying to find 7/8" ID oil proof line...I haven't had any luck yet, but I'm about to sure the push-lock type hose and an fittings to see what that comes up with. I gotta get these stupid things on the road before I light this truck on fire.

Edit: How large of supply line did you run? I'm not going to re-do that, but if needed I'll put in an orifice type fitting to decrease the oil supply if that is part of the excessive oil problem.

Good to know.

I've got the new drains in my support brace as well as oil pan...now I'm stuck trying to find 7/8" ID oil proof line...I haven't had any luck yet, but I'm about to sure the push-lock type hose and an fittings to see what that comes up with. I gotta get these stupid things on the road before I light this truck on fire.

Edit: How large of supply line did you run? I'm not going to re-do that, but if needed I'll put in an orifice type fitting to decrease the oil supply if that is part of the excessive oil problem.

Source sells 7/8" oil drain hose by the foot. Also used their oil line for the secondary and NAPA made the lines to match for the two primaries. I did NOT use any restrictors for the oil feeds. $.02

How long is your drain line? 5/8" is fine if it is only a couple of inches. The longer the hose, the bigger it needs to be.

Also, how are they run? Do they make any curves or are they draining straight into the block?

We fight drain lines all the time in our kits.

How long is your drain line? 5/8" is fine if it is only a couple of inches. The longer the hose, the bigger it needs to be.

Also, how are they run? Do they make any curves or are they draining straight into the block?

We fight drain lines all the time in our kits.

The longest drain is probably 24" (from the primary over the fender)- you can look at my other triples thread for pics. The all make some kind of bend, but no bends are as tight as the factory turbo drain. I already swapped everything to 7/8" od drain tube, just waiting for the hose to come in.

Back