Truck is knocking at idle

STROKETHISF350

Driving thru town yesterday I came to a stop and the truck had a distinct knock to it, oil pressure was good so I checked the oil and it was fine. I then changed the oil which made no difference then took it out for a drive. The knock got real bad then pretty much went away for an hour and came back again. When I rev the truck off idle it goes away and the same goes for driving in any gear tc on or off. Any ideas? I was thinking the converter mabey or possibly an injector but I'm not sure. The truck runs normal and idles normal with normal smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valve seat? Any smoke associated?

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

No smoke, pretty positive it's not that I had oversized valve seats installed and it goes away off of idle

What's your rail pressure when it's knocking?

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

I know it would make quite a racket, just not sure if it would come and go. The truck I heard sounded like it was about to come apart.

I had loose flexplate bolts give me a terrible knock at idle and would go away above 1500RPM. It should be easy to determine, just open the inspection cover and see if the flexplate can rotate back and forth.

I had loose flexplate bolts give me a terrible knock at idle and would go away above 1500RPM. It should be easy to determine, just open the inspection cover and see if the flexplate can rotate back and forth.

I had the same thing happen to me. It made me pretty sick to my stomach until I found out it was just loose bolts haha

Awesome man thanks ! I'll check it out, I really hope it's an easy fix because I've about had it with this diesel crap lol

I have had the same experiences with other engine platforms. It can sound like a hammer in the crankcase.
What bolts did you install?

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

I have had the same experiences with other engine platforms. It can sound like a hammer in the crankcase.
What bolts did you install?

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

I just used stockers in the flex plate

Back