Truck just died and won't start P1689

Cummins Crosspoint has 9 of them. part number 3938707. I am on my way to get it. $55 later...
I have run Howe's Diesel Treat, Power Service Diesel Kleen, 2 stroke oil, B20, or Stanadyne Lubricity Formula since the day I bought it.

Got the pump on with the new bracket. I bled the pump and lines, and it fired right up on the second crank. No codes, and it runs like a scalded dog. When I bled the lines using the lift pump there was quite a bit of fuel coming out of the lines, where there was not much more than a dribble with the old pump. So, I would say I diagnosed it properly, and I should not have any more trouble out of it. Thanks for all the help!

Glad you got it back up and running. VP's have an odd way of taking a dump at times.

I lied. It has thrown the code twice and not started. When it reused to start I let the lift pump stop running, then tried again, and it started fine. Now that the VP is eliminated, possibly for no reason, does anyone have any more ideas? I am pulling my hair out!

I will keep him in mind. The TPS/APPS code has not come back since I cleared it and disconnected my high idle box. I figured that was the problem there.

Maybe the ECM, do you know anyone you can swap with? My buddy's truck threw the 1689 code and noticed his fuel psi was low. Later his ECM was fried while trying to download a programmer. Installed a new ECM and has not had a problem since, fuel psi was back to normal and all.

Yesterday morning I started it, it ran for a few seconds and died, and it started right back. It did not sputter or anything. Just died. I am going by a friend's house after work to scan the codes. I will post anything I find.

Back