Truck over revved. Now wont idle.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
My brother was on the interstate trying out his new traction bars and suddenly the trans just gave out and the truck over revved. It won't move in any gear but holds in park so im assuming the torque converter went out, no big deal. Its a TRE trans and he takes care of his customers. The real problem is now the truck wont idle. He said if he gives it like half throttle and starts it it will run but as soon as he lets off it coughs its way down and shuts off like its out of fuel. It has Hamiltons heaviest push rods and valve springs so I cant imagine it bent a valve but idk. Where should I start looking?

Check your bolts for the flex plate right away... And check back..

Too new for me to b too much help. Glad u git a place to work on it. Was gonna offer my shop if u needed it.

What's rail pressure doing? Fuel system takes a beating when full load disappears.

Not to derail. Whay shop so u work at in maugensville. I am just south in sharpsburg

I would say it's still definitely worth checking the valves out too (just lash at this point)

The throttle keep idling can sometimes be a symptom of a failed rail pressure sensor.

Well some good news. I went out to check codes and it sputtered a little and started up and idles great. Im gonna say it was the PRV for sure. He called TRE and Tim is almost sure its the input shaft even though its a billet phatshaft and he's never seen on break... My brother is working out of town so me and a couple of buddies are going to drop the trans tonight to surprise him. I'll update once we get it out.

Pushed it in tonight and 35 minutes later the trans is out, broken input! It is broken internally, like in the pump.

So I was doing some googling today and couldnt find anything. Anyone else broken a opie phatshaft input?

I've seen/heard of several twisted, but I'm not sure about a broken shaft?

Back