Truck stalls at idle with large injectors (24v)

MarshMan

Well I have a problem with a truck that we just put some 7x12 injectors in. It seems to want to stall sometimes (not always) when you return to an idle when driving around. The truck is pretty stock, including the auto tranny. Had the intention of running no tuner untill a larger turbo is put on, then when the tranny goes that would be replaced also. Injectors have JL nozzles and are set to 310 bar. The old injectors popped off at around 230 bar and kinda pissed all over untill you really put pressure on them, then they would start to attomize. New injectors popped great and seemed in perfect shape before install.

Installed some 7x9 injectors in a manual truck (JL nozzles, same pop off) and has had no problems what so ever, so I dont know if its the tranny causing it or if the vp just cant support that kind of injector at low rpm. I am a 12v guy so im kinda stumped.

:redx:

Whats your fuel pressure? What fuel system is on the truck? Line size? Stock injection lines and tubes? Just trying to get some more info.

i have the same prob on mine but its hard to get it into gear and if i let off fast but i have weston 7x.012 and .093 lines and tubes

Whats your fuel pressure? What fuel system is on the truck? Line size? Stock injection lines and tubes? Just trying to get some more info.

Fass 150 system, stock lines, stock crossovers, big line kit (not sure on size). Doesnt have fuel pressure gauge...

i have the same prob on mine but its hard to get it into gear and if i let off fast but i have weston 7x.012 and .093 lines and tubes

So yours will die if you let off too fast?

Stalling issues?????

I have Mach 6 injectors and a Blue Chip VP-X pump with a Drag Comp, no stalling issues so far. Although I occasionally get the romp, romp, romp idle real lightly. I dont know what Mach 6 injectors are as far as 7x whatever or such.

i have a comp box bule chip fms .093 tubes and .093 lines and i will get the romp romp too but its just hard to get into gear have to rev it to 1100 and drop it and hold on to the gas for a sec then i can let off and have no probs at warm up it has a nice lope to it

i know they told me that when i was geting them but for the same price i wanted to go big but now i wish i didnt

I had a set of DDP comp 250's. When I ordered them they told me if I let out of the throttle fast enough the injectors would drain the lines and stall the engine.

I just chatted with him and it seems the truck will also die if he puts it in gear at idle. He has to put it in gear while slightly touching the throttle or it will keep doing this.

So is there any way to change how the truck acts? Make it a little more street friendly? He drives it daily and sled pulls on the weekends so it would be nice to get it to act a bit better for him.

He is still running no programmer but may try running it when he gets it back to see if it acts any better on the street.

Check your Tps. I ran those injectors with a VP with stock lines and tubes and have a built auto and never once had that issue. Double check the lines and make sure they are all tight and sealing good against the connector tube. I rum them with my ppump now and have no issues either.

it happens when you go with the biger lines I didn't have the prob until I went with the big lines they said your ok untill you go .093 or bigger

He has stock lines. The big line kit he is talking about is for the lift pump.

Oh I got the big line for the air dog also but he shouldn't have a prob with the stock fuel lines

i have the same prob and mine are stock lines and crossover tubes but i have a raptor 150 and a big line kit and mines got a small lobe at idle and the goin from rev to drive it almost dies or does die no clue would like any i can get insight.

yep check for loose fitting and didnt find anything.. i cant figure it out? any more ideas?

Does it take long to start it at first in mourning, or if it sits a while? Sounds like it might have a bad oring on some conector tubes, or worst case scenario the vp is getting week. 7x12s shouldnt do that unless they are messed up. Ive had much larger stix in other trucks with no problems. If you have another set available throw them in for a day and seem if it does it with them, try to narrow it down to something.

Back