Truck Studders

justindiiorio

My truck only does this every now and then, but it gets me in a bind everytime it does. I will come to a stop and when I go to take off I gas it and the rpms will go up like it should be accelerating but the truck will just barely go..... and finally it will catch and go like it is supposed to. I have no clue what it can be, and it only does it every once in a while.

my 02 ram 2500 was doing that.. it would have no throttle response for a minute then bam it would go how it should... come to find out it was the injection pump.. ouch

Damn thats what I have been thinking, but the only thing that confuses me is it only does it once every couple of months or something.

idk what time it was serviced last I've had it for the last about 50,000 miles and I haven't serviced it I think if I service it, it will finish it off. Its got 250,000 miles on it all stock

so you said when you give it the fuel, the rpms will go up, but the truck wont move? correct? if so, id lean more to a tranny issue...

if while at a stop, and you give it the fuel, and it does nothing, then it could be one of the before mentioned suggestions.. injector pump, lift pump, apps......

In terms of fuel pressure I couldnt say because I had some quadzilla guages on it and it always read 0-2 psi at wot so I knew something had to be wrong with the gauges

so you said when you give it the fuel, the rpms will go up, but the truck wont move? correct? if so, id lean more to a tranny issue...

if while at a stop, and you give it the fuel, and it does nothing, then it could be one of the before mentioned suggestions.. injector pump, lift pump, apps......

Didn't catch that part.... i'd agree prolly trans issue if the r's go up but truck goes nowhere...

Back