Truck wants to keep going

jaime355

Six Slow
Iv got an 06 and when I let off the throttle the truck wants to keep going, the harder I get into the worse it is, does anyone else experience this with their 5.9 or know what might be causing it to do this?

Yup, rail hang.

My 06 did it like crazy, until i put EFI Live on it.

Yes and no. Normal with crude tuning, but now there are better options for tuning that does not induce rail hang.

I'm new to the cummins, had a 6.0 for too long, so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I bought the truck with some mods already done. It has an air dog 150, wicked cp3, wicked 120 injectors, wicked twins, htt cooler, arp studs, coolant bypass, bd trans, rev max tq converter and Detroit diffs. It had a preditor fuel module that I took out because it didn't seem to do much, it also has a smarty and when I plug it in it says smarty for Don Landis, does this mean that it is custom tuned? I was thinking about efi live, would that be better for my current setup and stop the truck from wanting to runaway? Thanks for the help

It's not custom tuned, you have the old TNT-R file which used to be a VIN locked program that only the lucky few could get. Watch those injectors, I've seen plenty that have had tips blown off from excessive rail pressure.

id get efi live it will get rid of the hang from what i understand. i get the hang too it will overpower the brakes and is very dangerous on snowy roads!

Didn't bother me too much until it snowed this weekend, like you said its dangerous, I was pulling a guys broke plow truck out of a drift and off the road so it wouldn't get hit,it was a big truck so I had to yank it pretty good and that was diff the worst rail hang I've seen out of it, is that smarty I have not a good one to have?

Make the switch to EFI Live and you will be all around happier with how the truck runs and the power it makes. Also, 06 operating systems seem to be worse with throttle/rail hang. With EFI Live you can run an 07 OS to help with it as well.

It's a good tuner. But there's better options now. I used to run TNT/R and loved it. Then I got the SSR. And it just blew TNT/R out of the water. Now I'm switching the UDC. So there's just a few upgrades that's happened since TNT/R. That's all.

I have the same problem with my 06 .i also came from a 06 6.0 so when i road tested it at the dealer they said it was normal ,of coarse i didn't drive it but 3 miles .now that i've owned it for 1 yr it's the most annoying thing ever!! You feel like if you hit the throttle you can't stop it !! Real annoying .oh and mine was bone stock . Good luck when you get it straightened out let me know .

i'm new to the cummins, had a 6.0 for too long, so i wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I bought the truck with some mods already done. It has an air dog 150, wicked cp3, wicked 120 injectors, wicked twins, htt cooler, arp studs, coolant bypass, bd trans, rev max tq converter and detroit diffs. It had a preditor fuel module that i took out because it didn't seem to do much, it also has a smarty and when i plug it in it says smarty for don landis, does this mean that it is custom tuned? I was thinking about efi live, would that be better for my current setup and stop the truck from wanting to runaway? Thanks for the help

sounds like a real nice piece is it a dually quad cab?

My '07 with TNT-R hangs all the time. A quick blip of the throttle will stop it.

I don't understand why anyone with a 06+ truck would run tunes that cause throttle hang.

I have the same problem with my 06 .i also came from a 06 6.0 so when i road tested it at the dealer they said it was normal ,of coarse i didn't drive it but 3 miles .now that i've owned it for 1 yr it's the most annoying thing ever!! You feel like if you hit the throttle you can't stop it !! Real annoying .oh and mine was bone stock . Good luck when you get it straightened out let me know .

Our 06 test truck was exactly the same stock. I picked it up from the dealer and about ran through a red light. That was the first thing I went after when We got on the EFI Live beta test team. I was able to minimize it while running an 06 Operating system, but ultimately I had to go to an 07 OS to eliminate it.

Our 06 test truck was exactly the same stock. I picked it up from the dealer and about ran through a red light. That was the first thing I went after when We got on the EFI Live beta test team. I was able to minimize it while running an 06 Operating system, but ultimately I had to go to an 07 OS to eliminate it.

so if you buy that efi live it will stop this nonsense? all i hear is "it's normal "

might have bad injectors , damn! are the late models the same ? maybe i should sell my 06 and buy a 08 ? are the 6.7 motors better ?

A good EFI Live tune will take care of the throttle hang. Just remember that an EFI Live tune is only as good as the person behind the keyboard. My opinion is that most injector issues are from poor fuel quality and tuners or pressure boxes that run high rail pressure constantly.

Back