Truck wont start help me asap!!!!!

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
This afternoon on my way to my girlfreinds house, i was doing 55mph and turning about 15-1600 rpm and my truck jerks really bad... And i loose the tach, check engine light comes on, truck goes into limp mode. Zero power... I was only 3-4 miles from her house so i watched the guages and contined on at a slower pace 40-45mph until i arrived. A few minites ago i went to go start my truck to let it warm up before i left and sure enough check engine light was still on and it cranked for about 30 seconds before i gave up on it, i did get codes 0122, 1492, and code 1693. I have zero idea what problum i have please inform me so i can drive my truck. She took me home (i feel really embarassed by the way) what do i need to check tomarrow when i go back over there i have no way of reading the codes just to let u all know.

You should have worked it to your advantage and led her astray.

I thought there was a code index stickied here somewhere

Edit: from what i found you lost your charging circuit

Reaper of Threads

Last edited:
My guage in the truck showed i was chargeing and ive got only 10k on this new bosch alternator.

yup, sounds like crank sensor to me... if you don't get good cam/crank signal, the truck will go into idle/limp and you won't have any alternator output

Two voltage codes plus no tach = no charging circuit. Sorry i seemingly skipped a step.

Reaper of Threads

I unhooked the battery temp sensor and it still wouldnt start... Trying to get the obdII port working tomarrow so i can hook it to a scan tool.....

How long has the obd port been dead?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back