Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Out of trucking business. Those who buy their equipment have no choice, except to buy Volvo CE...

Rear gear train is todays technology, better for crankshaft longevity and other vibrations and engine driven PTO. Every manufacturer will be using it.
No, they're not. Brand new pre-emission crate engines are still available right from cat for OTR applications last time I asked, I have a good friend that works for caterpillar.

No, they're not. Brand new pre-emission crate engines are still available right from cat for OTR applications last time I asked, I have a good friend that works for caterpillar.

Makes me wonder why Fitzgerald only builds with Detroit power then.

They offer cat power, but you have to order the engine through a cat dealer that's close by and ave them install it if I remember correctly, but you can buy the truck through Fitzgerald's

It's probably easier for them to focus on one engine line and allows them to keep everything in stock they need for the Detroit install.

Cats otr engine division was something like 1% of total sales, they decided it wasn't worth dealing with epa any more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

With some tweaking of the ecms on the new industrial engines they would pass OTR truck emissions, but I'd say they choose not to try that and save on the headaches.

With some tweaking of the ecms on the new industrial engines they would pass OTR truck emissions, but I'd say they choose not to try that and save on the headaches.

IH doesn't seem to have an issue with getting them to meet emissions.

Cats otr engine division was something like 1% of total sales, they decided it wasn't worth dealing with epa any more.

Except they are still dealing with the epa on the equipment side of things. My cousins are no longer buying anything other than trucks, they now lease everything from Cat because of the epa and working on govt jobs where an inspector can show up and shut the job down if the equipment doesn't meet epa specs

Except they are still dealing with the epa on the equipment side of things. My cousins are no longer buying anything other than trucks, they now lease everything from Cat because of the epa and working on govt jobs where an inspector can show up and shut the job down if the equipment doesn't meet epa specs

Yes and no, otr is different because the engine manufacturer can't control the entire package.

IH doesn't seem to have an issue with getting them to meet emissions.

They had to pull the 15L for just that purpose, and even now they have changed the emission equipment again from what the maxxforce started with.

Have any of you guys drove one of the Cat trucks? They have kind of cool look to them imo (not as good as the 379's and 359's of course)

I've only seen a few around my area.

Last edited:
They had to pull the 15L for just that purpose, and even now they have changed the emission equipment again from what the maxxforce started with.

I hadn't heard that they dropped the c-15/maxx 15, I haven't heard of too many issues but there isn't really many out there.

I hadn't heard that they dropped the c-15/maxx 15, I haven't heard of too many issues but there isn't really many out there.

Not to many issues, but that goes along with there not being many out there. I think they were paying a penalty on each one sold be cause it couldn't pass a certain criteria.

Buddies Marmon he just got on the road two weeks ago with a 7cz and all the goodies. Second load he was hauling with it last week and a guy in a rollback comes across the center line on a two lane. He swerved left but the idiot caught the trailer on the right side and it was enough of a bump to jack-knife him.

Attachments

• marmon1.jpg
    marmon1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • marmon2.jpg
    marmon2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • marmon3.jpg
    marmon3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
  • marmon4.jpg
    marmon4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
Have any of you guys drove one of the Cat trucks? They have kind of cool look to them imo (not as good as the 379's and 359's of course)

I've only seen a few around my area.

Run like the wind. We had one tractor that had around 10,000 miles on it when we got rid of it. In that time it got a whole new fuel system including all injectors. Management felt bad that it was such lemon that they gave us another with under 5000 miles on it and it's currently dropping injectors 1 and 3. Another branch has about 50k miles on their Cat trucks and they've done all the fuel system stuff plus radiators and a lot of electrical stuff. Every one in the fleet of about a dozen is a lemon. A few outside companies have them too and they have been nothing but a headache.

I hope they are not all like this.

Most guys going for a glider are also aiming for fuel mileage and Fitzgerald started out doing just Freightliners hence the Detroit hookup. If you order one they'll put whatever motor you desire but their stock order trucks have always been Detroit.

Most guys going for a glider are also aiming for fuel mileage and Fitzgerald started out doing just Freightliners hence the Detroit hookup. If you order one they'll put whatever motor you desire but their stock order trucks have always been Detroit.
They don't offer Cummins, Detroit is the only one they build in house.

Yes and no, otr is different because the engine manufacturer can't control the entire package.

Still the fact they have to worry about an inspector showing up and saying it doesn't meet current epa standards and can shut them down show's how fukked it is

Still the fact they have to worry about an inspector showing up and saying it doesn't meet current epa standards and can shut them down show's how fukked it is

Unless the state has written in laws like commifornia has to outlaw older equipment it only has to meet the standards that were in place when it was built.

Back