Truckers, lets see your rigs!

~1300rpm is low side of the power band... Sounds like you're under the turbo and camshaft especially when hot out, which just compounds​ the problem.. bump up to mid 1400s
Inside the sweet spot is better than lugging.

Can't count the number I trucks I pass climbing a grade and hear the turbo surging, and truck struggling to climb.

I applied same principle to my small truck

Do you run one of these?

Link....

Anyone that worried about BSFC in a working class 8 truck, must have read the articles on those.

While technically you are right, there are way more important factors in fuel economy than BSFC...You bring your S60 out here and haul what we haul, your mileage WILL suffer...

Chris

You're amusing. We should go for beers sometimes.

You're right because the hp demand increases. Hp demand x bsfc = fuel burn rate. Mileage will suffer any time hp demand goes up.

~1300rpm is low side of the power band... Sounds like you're under the turbo and camshaft especially when hot out, which just compounds​ the problem.. bump up to mid 1400s
Inside the sweet spot is better than lugging.

Can't count the number I trucks I pass climbing a grade and hear the turbo surging, and truck struggling to climb.

I applied same principle to my small truck

Is this directed at me? I cruise at 1550-1650 and downshift at 1500 going up a hill.

I'm glad I don't worry about any of this. I haul heavy, drive fast and blow chit up. Fuel mileage is what it is, and I'm not driving an underpowered POS under the speed limit to make a little extra $ that I just get to pay taxes on at the end of the year.

I'm glad I don't worry about any of this. I haul heavy, drive fast and blow chit up. Fuel mileage is what it is, and I'm not driving an underpowered POS under the speed limit to make a little extra $ that I just get to pay taxes on at the end of the year.

That's how we are too...the loads just have to get there when you're delivering to customers.

Chris

I prefer to run my business like a business and pay attention to costs.. Did my best ever month last month. On an ELD too.

I prefer to run my business like a business and pay attention to costs.. Did my best ever month last month. On an ELD too.

If you cannot grasp what Jfaulkner last said then you clearly haven't shown a profit with your business.

Are you my accountant?

Obviously not or you wouldn't be stepping over nickels to pick up pennies. You must be of the "my truck is perfect but help me fix all of its problems" variety of Detroit owner.

Obviously not or you wouldn't be stepping over nickels to pick up pennies. You must be of the "my truck is perfect but help me fix all of its problems" variety of Detroit owner.

What nickels am I stepping over? Kind of a bizarre statement.

You must run a piss poor business because you don't run the speed limit and don't care about fuel mileage. Lmao.

Cause hauling permitted loads at 120Klbs doesn't have any effect on the fuel mileage.

That truck you just put together must have appeared out of thin air because you run your business so bad.

What a piss poor argument plenty of super bs grossing 140k up here. I pass them all the time.

What nickels am I stepping over? Kind of a bizarre statement.

You are such a super trucker. We are all very impressed. You are the next Gale Banks.

Now that I have told you what you wanted to hear are you satisfied with the answer?

Obviously not or you wouldn't be playing the HP game. I play it because I have other trucks running to take up any slack if I smoke mine.

That's how we are too...the loads just have to get there when you're delivering to customers.

Chris

Ha well don't get me wrong I don't go out and try and waste money but I don't cry when i get .0007 mpg less on a load because I was in a hurry.

To the OP, if your truck smoked with the larger turbo its probably how you drive. Almost every smoke issue we see is either a boost leak or the driver mashing the pedal between gears. When I can see a 700hp 3406B be driven clean there is no reason a baby driptroit can't either. Of course both can black out traffic if you drive like a company driver.

However your going to find out that playing with 15L HP with a 12L engine in a work truck is going to cost you. The only thing you have going for you is you can rebuild a S60 for what a case of cheap beer costs.

Last edited:
Being in a hurry coats you a lot more than that. 0.15 mpg for every mph above 55. That's on a legal weight operation. The math would very different for yours. But every tenth is also worth a lot more. Oh well to each their own. Sometimes there's better things to worry about out in life.

Being in a hurry coats you a lot more than that. 0.15 mpg for every mph above 55. That's on a legal weight operation. The math would very different for yours. But every tenth is also worth a lot more. Oh well to each their own. Sometimes there's better things to worry about out in life.

You've been reading too many fleet magazines...Do you pull a van? I'll bet it's got shutters on the back and skirts on the bottom. You better get some dog dish hubcaps to finish her off...

Chris

Lol you need to lay off the trucker radio stations and propaganda magazines.

Back