Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Personally I wouldn't use interstate McBee in a lawnmower. But if your going to tear it that far down there is no way I wouldn't replace the other 4 packs. If your not wanting to spend much money just swap engines. You can find running B's for the price of a VCR

If nobody wants to give anything for it, that's probably what I'll do. I'm not in a position to drop 15 grand on it when I didn't give that much for it to begin with. But I can pencil out spending a third of that.

Let's flip it this way, what are you thinking it's worth in it's current state?

That's why I'm asking lol. I deal with farm tractors mostly. I know it's worth something in parts, but not totally sure. Also has a wet kit on it that could stay.

Do you know what prefix it is? 93 is probably a 3zj and a crossover engine, could have a wide bearing crank in it.

9ea0f6a2468b5f110f51cbd538816a0f.jpg

Too old girls catching some sun

Is there any clutch for big rigs that can be driven on street/worked and can take Pro Stock level torque and slipping needed in sledpulling ?

Can you use Crower pedal clutch even at higher rpms ?

Is there any clutch for big rigs that can be driven on street/worked and can take Pro Stock level torque and slipping needed in sledpulling ?

People have used Crower in street trucks but it's not awesome and you lose the clutch brake.

I have a 3 disk that was made for both but have never used it for pulling. Uses an Eaton pressure plate with heavier springs. Engages smooth with a slightly heavier pedal than stock.
3c18a68e565c16113226aa8a3945f7dc.jpg
0dd6a8c0a8424a54332364e717a2a81b.jpg
9e829609974768e1efbe7a3ae0bc4f36.jpg
530852ace17b3f18301de7c81574d66b.jpg

I've heard of guys modifying a Lipe clutch, but I've also heard they don't last on the street. I have zero direct ecperience.

I've always wondered about using a countershaft brake as a synchro.

Last edited:
I've heard of guys modifying a Lipe clutch, but I've also heard they don't last on the street. I have zero direct ecperience.

The three disc that was posted above is pretty far above mot modified lipes, we put one in after a friend of mine had been through 3 lipes behind his E model for pulling, the last was 7000lbs of plate load and wouldn't hold and this three disc is completely different.

The thing is it comes down to friction material, I have a dual disc with the same plate load as jfaulkners and standard friction material and I am not impressed by it.

The thing is it comes down to friction material, I have a dual disc with the same plate load as jfaulkners and standard friction material and I am not impressed by it.

What friction material? I keep hearing about newer materials coming out that are supposed to bridge the gap between organic and ceramic.

As far as pressure plate does anything really beat the easypedal?

Using a Lipe as a boat anchor would be a waste of a good rope. There is a reason they went out of business. They're horrible to drive, its like an on/off switch.

People have used Crower in street trucks but it's not awesome and you lose the clutch brake.

I have a 3 disk that was made for both but have never used it for pulling. Uses an Eaton pressure plate with heavier springs. Engages smooth with a slightly heavier pedal than stock.
3c18a68e565c16113226aa8a3945f7dc.jpg
0dd6a8c0a8424a54332364e717a2a81b.jpg
9e829609974768e1efbe7a3ae0bc4f36.jpg
530852ace17b3f18301de7c81574d66b.jpg
Synchro box dont need clutchbrake, and european Fullers use sideaxlebrake anyway.

How did they fit 3 discs ? Dont know if nothing can be done from single disc clutch that is norm these days ?

Synchro box dont need clutchbrake, and european Fullers use sideaxlebrake anyway.

How did they fit 3 discs ? Dont know if nothing can be done from single disc clutch that is norm these days ?

Normal intermediate plate is like 1" cast. They used 2 steel thinner plates. Drives like a normal easy pedal and fits perfect. Engagement is smooth unlike a lipe. Thought about using the brake off a Ultrashift and a micro switch on the pedal to make a Crower streetable but this is WAY better. 1/2 the price and normal adjustment.

Back