Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I was always taught that's how a diesel worked, under load, not under acceleration like a gas.
Chris
So how do you get up to speed from standstill ? Or after you have lost speed going uphill and try to get back to speed you were driving before it ?

Yes, under constant rpm. You dont measure inertial horsepower from tyres, wheels, half shafts, differential, drive shaft, gearbox, clutch, flywheel, crankshaft et.

No, that is not the way every dyno works, not even american made Mustang dyno we now have here. That is as crap as others, cant brake single axle truck close to 1000 hp.

Well we're all waiting on your super Leiffi dyno.

Well we're all waiting on your super Leiffi dyno.

No need to, hub dynos are already there, someone just needs to buy them. I dont need it.

Was it 250 hp Doodle made just by shifting from direct to overdrive ? Even if overdrive has higher losses.. Imagine how much 80 mph of inertial force makes ? Is 400 enough ?

No need to, hub dynos are already there, someone just needs to buy them. I dont need it.

Was it 250 hp Doodle made just by shifting from direct to overdrive ? Even if overdrive has higher losses.. Imagine how much 80 mph of inertial force makes ? Is 400 enough ?

Explain your the inertia argument when the hp hits a peak and is rather consistent when they hold it?

Why are you so stuck on doodle? I mean he's essentially a has been in the industry.

I'm by no means an expert, but I was there Saturday, I didn't see much that didn't perform. And the people I met and were surrounded by we're all great. I saw some real impressive numbers and was proud of my own accomplishments. I've read this and I don't completely understand what Leiffi is trying to say. Most of the trucks I saw made good enough numbers that, even if being measured however they do it across the pond, would still be impressive.:Cheer:

Oh the ISX, good looking truck and did great with the stock turbo. Like 807?

Edit: 407hp since it didn't use the european revgain method.

Yes sir. Thank you. I'd been runnin it like that for about a year. Had gotten used to it, I peed a little when I saw it pass 800. Even I wasn't expecting that...

Yes sir. Thank you. I'd been runnin it like that for about a year. Had gotten used to it, I peed a little when I saw it pass 800. Even I wasn't expecting that...

Lol guy asked me what power I was expecting and I said I just hope it drives itself out the door. Friend that ran his B was supposed to bring 2 more trucks and one was a wrecker, when his driver backed out I figured I lost my free ride home.

Lol guy asked me what power I was expecting and I said I just hope it drives itself out the door. Friend that ran his B was supposed to bring 2 more trucks and one was a wrecker, when his driver backed out I figured I lost my free ride home.

Did I miss the link to your dyno run or is there not one?

That's one thing that disappoints me. Antrim puts on such a great event but never post results.

How's your friend do why the B? Is this the twin turbo B?

I know what you mean. Last year, I questioned my clutch and wasn't sure about the turbo since I put it together. I brought a spare turbo and tools just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one thing that disappoints me. Antrim puts on such a great event but never post results.

How's your friend do why the B? Is this the twin turbo B?

I know what you mean. Last year, I questioned my clutch and wasn't sure about the turbo since I put it together. I brought a spare turbo and tools just in case

I don't understand your question about the B.

I had mine turned way up on Friday trying different things but I really didn't want any issues. Heat and boost pressure was high so I backed things off and drove east. If it wasn't a work truck I would like to play but I have 2 loads to get done Monday/Tuesday and motor has less than 100hrs. Took 5 months and a pile of bills to get it done and would take 5 seconds to take it out. Had 2 larger exhaust housings for the manifold turbo but they didn't get coated in time to see how they respond. Maybe next year we can play on Leiffi's douche dyno.

Same with the B, he's building a new engine but it won't be done for a while so he didn't want to get stupid and put the crank on the floor. The truck is a 1985 and no one has any idea the miles on the engine. He bought it and let it sit for 5yrs so things are questionable, could be new and could be original equip. All new axles, wiring and air lines but the engine is basically untouched other than fuel/air.

I don't understand your question about the B.

Ha ha sorry been a long weekend... I meant how did your friend with the B do? What kind of numbers? Is this the one with the twin turbo set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back