Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Straight cut gears yes but it has the splines on the sliders. Grinding away some of the splines would kind of make it into a dogbox I guess? I'm sure I'm way behind on this and guys have been doing this stuff for years.

Won’t do an ounce of good, and usually just ends up being people blatantly telling everyone how much logs are cheated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is Faulkners location guys? We are toying with possibly re-tuning this truck.
It won’t get any fuel mileage, and I feel it doesn’t run as good as it should for the egts it produces.

What is Faulkners location guys? We are toying with possibly re-tuning this truck.
It won’t get any fuel mileage, and I feel it doesn’t run as good as it should for the egts it produces.

What diagnostics have you done so far?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

He's in Ohio...fairly close to I-70 West of Columbus I believe. I know he was involved in the tune we had put in our T800 done in St. Paris, OH.

Chris

Max Boost: 35lbs
Fuel pressure: no less then 80lbs
Charge are was tested awhile back, air to air leaked like a bish. It got replaced.

good turbo, good tune, enjoy.

my W9 with a 6NZ would pull almost 6mpg steadily with the billet S478, pre-nox 550/1850 file, and 6999 trim codes. At 96,000 gross on a hard pull it would never get over 1100* and water temps never got scary either. My old dispatcher is running virtually the same setup doing the same job with similar results on two other trucks so I'd say it works, one of his is a 5EK, the other is a 2WS.

as an added tidbit, my Kenworth had a FASS on it too so who knows if that helped the mileage out much or not.....sure seemed to quiet down the clatter though.

It’s supposed to have a good tune in it but either I’m expecting too much, or something.
Mind you, it’ll stay cool if you keep it cobbed for the most part, but if you try and baby it like I do, it seems it’s a battle sometimes.
Best I can do with it, is 5.3-5.4 on my fuel.

definitely sounds low for only hauling 80k. 5.2-5.3 is what my truck would do if I was being mean to it. LOL

sidenote..........I miss that damn truck

Im not gonna day it may not be the driver because I don’t know everything there is to know... however I used to get this kinda mileage out of a bmodel lol

driver habits are the main factor with fuel mileage in my opinion. My cat almost never saw over 16-1700RPM unless I was pulling a hill, and even then my limit was like 1800 since it didn't make any sense to run it higher. I never worried about driving by the boost gauge like so many people do, and I only glanced at the pyro when I downshifted on a long hill. the main thing I think that helped my mileage was using the cruise control as much as possible, and figuring out where the sweet spot was, much over 72mph the mileage on that truck would tank so I stayed at 70-72.

I drive by the boost gauge. Mine will only see like 1600 tops. Most of the time it’s 1500. I cruise at a max of 72mph.
I never touch the cruise because it’s like all or nothing with this truck. When I drive by the boost gauge, I try to be smooth when coming into the throttle and typically try to keep it under 30lbs and typically 25lbs or so unless I need the extra go for a bigger hill or something.
I don’t mind dropping miles per hour on a hill. If the 25-30lbs or boost won’t climb it at speed, we just chug along till we get to the top.

I've never seen the point in driving by the boost gauge, I've always been of the mindset that getting up to speed smoothly without stressing the hell out of truck or rammin' and jammin' gears is more important, but that's just what worked for me. I figure since I quit driving full time almost a year ago and I've had my previous employer and my previous dispatcher almost continually asking me to come back to work, I must have done something right. LOL

driver habits are the main factor with fuel mileage in my opinion. My cat almost never saw over 16-1700RPM unless I was pulling a hill, and even then my limit was like 1800 since it didn't make any sense to run it higher. I never worried about driving by the boost gauge like so many people do, and I only glanced at the pyro when I downshifted on a long hill. the main thing I think that helped my mileage was using the cruise control as much as possible, and figuring out where the sweet spot was, much over 72mph the mileage on that truck would tank so I stayed at 70-72.

I agree. I believe operator error all the way

So you’re saying I’m the reason it’s getting ****ty fuel mileage?

Back