Truckers, lets see your rigs!

This one feels happiest pulling at 17-1800, it lays over pretty fast below 1500 and I think it'd rattle the liners out the bottom at 1200. I don't understand lugging them around all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

low RPM driving seems to be a type of bragging right for some people. "my truck will pull 80,000 pounds up a 7% grade at 1100RPM!" well sure......it CAN.....you can also f*** your cousin, but just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD.

cylinder pressure, EGT's, and harmonic vibrations become a serious issue when your expecting full power from an engine at low RPM's.

low RPM driving seems to be a type of bragging right for some people. "my truck will pull 80,000 pounds up a 7% grade at 1100RPM!" well sure......it CAN.....you can also f*** your cousin, but just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD.

cylinder pressure, EGT's, and harmonic vibrations become a serious issue when your expecting full power from an engine at low RPM's.

Boy I started something here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Completely depends on the engine. Many new engines are designed to be ran between 1100-1200 rpms

cylinder pressure is same if torque stays the same. If engine is made to work at that rpm then egt and vibrations are also safe. I cruise at 1130 rpm and if it climbs a hill without dropping under 1050 rpm then I let it pull. Some engines are made to pull from 950 rpm and they do it without problems.

But ofcourse you have to be careful with Cats, they are just crap.

Why because when dumping on a pile like that. I got to pass the 20 truck line, and got dump on the pile.

No because we don’t do that stuff around us. You can’t haul in most of our local places with an end dump. You don’t see end dumps around us unless they have rock or sand in them.

cylinder pressure is same if torque stays the same. If engine is made to work at that rpm then egt and vibrations are also safe. I cruise at 1130 rpm and if it climbs a hill without dropping under 1050 rpm then I let it pull. Some engines are made to pull from 950 rpm and they do it without problems.

But ofcourse you have to be careful with Cats, they are just crap.

You prove yourself to be that much more of an idiot every time you post here. Keep it up dude.

Let's spice this up. Why don't you list the recommended operating range for the heavy duty on highway engines available in North America?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't know of a 15 liter on-highway engine in existence that's designed to operate between 950 and 1100....maybe if someone puts a C32 or a 3512 in a truck.....but those are like 15 liters times two LOL LOL

Please name one that isn't 50L+ in size.
Volvo d11, Volvo d13, cummins isx, Detroit dd13, Detroit dd15, etc.

I think k the paccar mx11 and mx13 is capable of it.

Downspeeding has been a trend for a while now. Ratios between 2.00 and 2.20 are now available with direct drive transmissions. Javier driveline of course. There's even talk about ratios in the 1.80 range and 900 rpm cruise speeds.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yea I’m referring to on Highway American stuff.

Back