Truckers, lets see your rigs!

New probe installed, same scenario. Last night I unplugged the fuel temp sender again to try and de-rate it. Yet again throws a code for intake air temp with the fuel temp unplugged so apparently they weren’t crossed before. Just somehow got lucky it masked the problem before.

Here’s to another fun night of baby sitting a pyro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you have the same heat problem when you pulled the hopper or did all this start after the new injectors?

Did you have the same heat problem when you pulled the hopper or did all this start after the new injectors?

Well... the injectors were about a day old before it got tuned.
However it’s so 900-950 with that tune that wouldn’t keep up with a swift truck.

So to answer your question it’s technically always had a heat issue.

Last edited:
Well I’ve said it before but pretty sure I just solved it... we’re headed black to Florida as I type so we’ll see.

Well I’ve said it before but pretty sure I just solved it... we’re headed black to Florida as I type so we’ll see.

You can't just say stuff like that. What did you change?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spoken like a true wheel monkey.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Spoken like a true wheel monkey.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Excellent psychology, why don’t you say something bad about my mother?

How bad is the boost now? Mpgs? Bsfcs?

Boost is horrible. We went from driving by the pyro to driving by the boost gauge. For science, I put my foot to the floor once... last time I’ll do that. Well over 40.

Mpg we will see. I ran till 4EST this morning and I never saw anything over 800 flat.

Shelby Elliott is hitting the good stuff again:

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trucks/for-sale/25264363/2000-volvo-vnl64t610

Even comes with a DPF filter!

Actually as bad as this sounds the aftermarket ones are less problematic. Had a friend in San Diego and guys install those on older trucks and the good part is they don’t derate the engine if there is a problem and most don’t regenerate. One company has DDEC4’s, N14 and older Cats with them and there are just lights on the dash, green-yellow-red. When it’s red the pressure is high so you drop the can and have it cleaned.

Excellent psychology, why don’t you say something bad about my mother?

Boost is horrible. We went from driving by the pyro to driving by the boost gauge. For science, I put my foot to the floor once... last time I’ll do that. Well over 40.

Mpg we will see. I ran till 4EST this morning and I never saw anything over 800 flat.

Excuse my big rig ignorance here, but those numbers just don't sound like they should be problematic too me. Now my only basses of comparison is a VP truck, but 1200° doesn't worry me at all, and I've pushed up near 50psi quite offer as well. These cats that sensitive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Excuse my big rig ignorance here, but those numbers just don't sound like they should be problematic too me. Now my only basses of comparison is a VP truck, but 1200° doesn't worry me at all, and I've pushed up near 50psi quite offer as well. These cats that sensitive?

1200+ isn’t a problem unless you hold it there for a while actually working, also his pyro is after the turbo so Cyl temp is at least 300* hotter. Much over 35psi and that turbo is spinning way faster than it was designed for and explodes. Short bursts not a problem, climb a long grade and you have this. Jellico mountain smoked 3 holes in this one and he has the same pistons
7f9546cb34d34a586942e6d06f29ecb2.jpg
1cb5ced986983b04c16110b14100bfef.jpg

Nice to see your customers are smarter than you.

And that just happened. Burn cream is back by the pharmacy.

In other news, I’m completely unhappy... 859 degrees up Jellico is just unreasonable.

1200+ isn’t a problem unless you hold it there for a while actually working, also his pyro is after the turbo so Cyl temp is at least 300* hotter. Much over 35psi and that turbo is spinning way faster than it was designed for and explodes. Short bursts not a problem, climb a long grade and you have this. Jellico mountain smoked 3 holes in this one and he has the same pistons
7f9546cb34d34a586942e6d06f29ecb2.jpg
1cb5ced986983b04c16110b14100bfef.jpg
Oh, post turbo, that makes sense now. Only partially serious question, mostly just to get a rise out of you guys for my personal entertainment!

Back