Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I have to say that the Pete called Class Act from shreve, Ohio is probably the best one out there- Cat powered.I have yet to see a Volvo or any of that other " stuff".KT's or Cats , some V8 Macks in OSTPA &NTPA pulls.

Watched an electric cat wax the mechanicals at the Enderle pull. Didn’t think I would see the day that happened.

You mean D16 Volvo? It only makes sense really, I mean from the US sled pulls to the Canadian truck drags the Volvo is just simply dominating. You can't sling a dead cat without hitting one going down the highway.

Saw this last week. One of Leiffi’s family members had a bad day.
cafd13af922b08b58a3fec21afd706b7.jpg

You would have thought with all that Volvo HP it would have thrown those paper rolls out of the back doors but....

looks like the brakes work very well

You contradicted yourself in one single post, long rods aren't needed then you post a picture of an engine with one of the crappiest rod to stroke ratios available, maybe only rivaled by the ISX which also slings rods.

The longer rod with the shorter stroke of the C15 acert works, otherwise you would see electronic engines splitting in the same spot, but they wont because they dont have the cam bore to be a weakness.
I posted a picture of a Cat, the crappiest engine.

C15 or whatever it was split the block and threw cab away a couple of years ago during practice sessions of one of Quebec races maybe 3 years ago.

Reason because there is no Volvos is that they just dont know better. Volvo is better than Cat in every part, stronger block, stronger conrods, better headgasket, better heads.

855 Cummins has very long rods, that is the reason they are crap compared to L10 and M11, piston is moving too slow at TDC making very high peak cylinder pressure.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1499365237499.jpg
    FB_IMG_1499365237499.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 0
No engine failures other than a head gasket and a few turbos and almost all the trucks were Cat. So they’re making more HP and having less failures other than driveline. Seems your information is a bit out dated.
Yes, they started to run quite well a couple of years ago in A-class after they threw almost all stock Cat parts away and converted to Bosch modular commonrail and aftermarket ECM.

Yes, they started to run quite well a couple of years ago in A-class after they threw almost all stock Cat parts away and converted to Bosch modular commonrail and aftermarket ECM.

Lmao, cat blocks, crank, pistons, cam, head, valve train, gear train and most have stock Cat ecm. They have started using the custom rods so they can run C18 pistons with C15 cranks. That’s the C17 that Rig Wrench was talking about. The long CRANK stroke is what increases dwell time at TDC. That is why the C18 doesn’t like 3000+ RPM that IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO RUN. I know this because that’s how I got my C18 crank. So I guess if you consider swapping rods “threw almost all stock Cat parts away” a major swap then you are correct. What your too stupid to understand is almost all of the pullers have ditched the stock fuel system. Not because it’s bad but it limits flow when your going for 3-4 times the designed HP.

Keep in mind you said before you had custom injectors for your truck. I guess that could be considered junking all the Volvo parts? And you still only make the same power as a stock cat with a tune.

Now the ones that are junk are the DT466, guys think they’re amazing engines because the pro stock tractors run them. What they don’t realize is NONE of the parts are IH. Hypermax block, custom crank, pistons head is solid. There are no IH parts on them.

Reason because there is no Volvos is that they just dont know better. Volvo is better than Cat in every part, stronger block, stronger conrods, better headgasket, better heads.

So let me get this straight. You think guys here will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars building these trucks trying to beat their competition by fractions of an inch, and have just never heard of Volvo? They have a 19L engine size limit and no more than 2 stages of air, unlimited water water injection and are up to 19mm injection pumps but didn’t know these amazing green engines exist?

Lmao, cat blocks, crank, pistons, cam, head, valve train, gear train and most have stock Cat ecm. They have started using the custom rods so they can run C18 pistons with C15 cranks. That’s the C17 that Rig Wrench was talking about. The long CRANK stroke is what increases dwell time at TDC. That is why the C18 doesn’t like 3000+ RPM that IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO RUN. I know this because that’s how I got my C18 crank. So I guess if you consider swapping rods “threw almost all stock Cat parts away” a major swap then you are correct. What your too stupid to understand is almost all of the pullers have ditched the stock fuel system. Not because it’s bad but it limits flow when your going for 3-4 times the designed HP.

Keep in mind you said before you had custom injectors for your truck. I guess that could be considered junking all the Volvo parts? And you still only make the same power as a stock cat with a tune.

Now the ones that are junk are the DT466, guys think they’re amazing engines because the pro stock tractors run them. What they don’t realize is NONE of the parts are IH. Hypermax block, custom crank, pistons head is solid. There are no IH parts on them.

You forget that Hypermax block actually has an IH part number. :lolly:

An in town delivery setup might be a viable option for electric or a hybrid, I can see why they're doing it (for the tax break actually). Battery technology won't be advancing near as much as people think it will, the more eco friendly option is CNG.

Subsidys dont last. Im fairly sure tesla has some substantial lawsuits cause there electric trucks arent ready for prime time.

Another thing is that thinking pepsi-co or anyone else give a f**k about being green. Its the self driving tech the'yre after. They dont want to have to pay drivers. They are fine dropping 400k on a unit if they dont have yo pay a wheel holder. Nada do about being green

Subsidys dont last. Im fairly sure tesla has some substantial lawsuits cause there electric trucks arent ready for prime time.

Another thing is that thinking pepsi-co or anyone else give a f**k about being green. Its the self driving tech the'yre after. They dont want to have to pay drivers. They are fine dropping 400k on a unit if they dont have yo pay a wheel holder. Nada do about being green

I would have more trucks if I didn’t have to deal with drivers. It’s cheaper and easier to set your truck on fire in your driveway, vs putting a driver in it and ending up with the same destroyed equipment and making the headaches last longer.

How about a little farm truck? Just picked this up a couple weeks ago to haul our small acreage of corn.

Attachments

• 0927190958_HDR.jpg
    0927190958_HDR.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 0
I would have more trucks if I didn’t have to deal with drivers. It’s cheaper and easier to set your truck on fire in your driveway, vs putting a driver in it and ending up with the same destroyed equipment and making the headaches last longer.

100% correct there! Problem with plenty of driver is just that.... They are drivers and dumb as door nails. No mechanical experience of any kind. They don't give a *hit of what they are driving or taking care of equipment. All that is on their minds is the next stop and who gives a *crap if the engine blows up on the way there. It is a simple "It is not my problem" mentality. I drove for quite a while, never my own truck but I always took care of my rides.

Next up container ships. They are already testing autonomous container ships ready for prime time in the next 2-3 years. No matter what we do it is coming.

Theres a ton of single axle grain trucks still in service around here. I think 1 in 5 have working brakes.

There are tons out there. Just depends if you want a project or a nice one. They are either immaculate and guys price them high or in need of total rebuild for 1000 bucks.

I may have over paid a bit but I'm happy. Dt466, 5+2, 99% rust free. New steers, newer rears, only down fall is hydraulic brakes.

Back