Truckers, lets see your rigs!

SMFH, I thought that was only on face book.

A 10 spd which is what a 15spd is based off of has overdrive in the main case, there is no way the deep reduction auxiliary can modify overdrive. A 15 with high up against the dash is a RTO series, you could put an RTX cover on it and it would shift normal.

A true old style double over 13 has overdrive in the main case and in the auxiliary, it gives three overdrive ratios, these also have high against the dash because there is an overdrive in the main case.

The RTLO overdrives all have the X plate on them as standard, the 13s and 18s start life as a 9 over but the auxiliary in the 13 and 18 is an under drive which only gives two overdrive ratios.

I was only going off what I was told. I don't know transmissions. So the high gears are towards the dash? What's the advantage

I was only going off what I was told. I don't know transmissions. So the high gears are towards the dash? What's the advantage

It is just the way the gear pattern ends up, I'm not sure why the you couldn't get the overdrive gears in the case the same way as standard gears.

The transmission I want to convert has an overdrive of .87 in 13th, converting to a double over would make that into the ratio for 11th, 12th would be .73, and 13th would be .62.

That would drop my cruising rpm at 60mph from 1800rpm to around 1280rpm, without having to change rear end ratio.

I drove a double over 13 for a guy for a day, it built lots of heat in high. It might not have had a cooler, I never asked.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I drove a double over 13 for a guy for a day, it built lots of heat in high. It might not have had a cooler, I never asked.

Most likely not for that old series of transmission to have a cooler. Only time I would need 13th would be the interstate, 12th would suffice for most everything I do.

A RTLO 13 or 18 would be okay, but rpms still a little up there at interstate speed.

RTLO-16913a
RL 13.22
RH 3.50
1 12.31
2 8.59
3 6.11
4 4.43
5 3.23
6 2.28
7 1.94
8 1.62
9 1.38
10 1.17
11 1.00
12 0.86
13 0.73

It is just the way the gear pattern ends up, I'm not sure why the you couldn't get the overdrive gears in the case the same way as standard gears.

The transmission I want to convert has an overdrive of .87 in 13th, converting to a double over would make that into the ratio for 11th, 12th would be .73, and 13th would be .62.

That would drop my cruising rpm at 60mph from 1800rpm to around 1280rpm, without having to change rear end ratio.

Thought that combo only happened when you bolt the aux housing off a 13 onto a 9spd? Least that's what my dad's truck has in it. 4.11 ratio on lopro 22.5 and the old b model would still pull to 100mph

Last edited:
Old video I did of my last truck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRql-zfj2l0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRql-zfj2l0[/ame]

And one of my current truck. Sorry I should have had my phone side ways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCVQRRPuPI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCVQRRPuPI[/ame]

Essentially that is what they will do, but for some reason in a 12513 I don't think the have to change any actual hard parts.

Can pretty much any trans be swapped From semi to semi? Or do they have different bellhousing bolt patterns like Ford, Chevy and Dodge? Cause I really want to get rid of my 13spd for a 18

Can pretty much any trans be swapped From semi to semi? Or do they have different bellhousing bolt patterns like Ford, Chevy and Dodge? Cause I really want to get rid of my 13spd for a 18

They use a sae bell should bolt right up.

The only real difference is length, you might have to adjust driveline length.

All the RTLO transmissions 13/18 should be the same length, there really are only bearing differences between the two.

All the RTLO transmissions 13/18 should be the same length, there really are only bearing differences between the two.
Really? I seem to remember that we were going to put a rtlo 13 in this truck when the 18 broke because it was cheaper but it was shorter so we decided to do the 18 again. It's been a few years ago and my memory isn't great.

Back